This has definitely got to be my new favorite summer salad! It is loaded with vibrant fresh flavors and I love the way all the red berries pair together. Why stop at just strawberries when you can add raspberries and cranberries too?
And I went all out berry flavor on this one by finishing it off with the most amazing Strawberry Poppy Seed Dressing.
I could eat this dressing by the spoonful it so good!
My kids kept asking when I was going to be done taking pictures so they could have a drink of my smoothie, which is a about right with this dressing :).
It has just the right amount of sweetness which perfectly enhances the strawberries, and it has that perfect little crunch from those tiny little poppy seeds, and of course it’s natural color is gorgeous. Then add avocados and spinach to the mix and you’ve got one dreamy salad!
Once you try this you’ll be making it all the time! I know it will be my go to summer salad dressing.
Follow Cooking Classy
Red Berry & Avocado Spinach Salad with Strawberry Poppy Seed Dressing
A beautiful berry spinach salad that's packed with fresh flavor and finished with the most irresistible, pretty in pink, strawberry poppy seed dressing.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup diced fresh strawberries (3.6 oz)
- 2 1/2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- 10 oz baby spinach
- 1 1/4 cups pecans , roughly chopped and toasted
- 12 oz fresh strawberries , sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 pint fresh raspberries (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries (optional if you don't want to add all three)
- 2 medium avocados , peeled, cored and diced (semi-firm but ripe)
- 5 oz feta cheese , crumbled
- For the dressing:
- To a blender add all ingredients except poppy seeds. Process until strawberries are well pureed. Pour into a jar and stir in poppy seeds, cover and store in refrigerator.
- For the salad:
- In a large salad bowl, toss together spinach, pecans, strawberries, raspberries, cranberries, avocados and feta cheese. Plate and top with dressing.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy