These White Chocolate Dipped Peppermint Chocolate Cookies are dreamy to say the least! I made a white version a few years ago and wanted to share a chocolate version also, and finally here there are!
Chocolate Cookies with Festive Peppermint Flavor
After 3 batches of these I finally found the perfect ratio of ingredients with a rich chocolate flavor, just enough peppermint, and a deliciously chewy texture.
I started out with a recipe that I found on Food Network then changed it until they were perfect for my taste. I reduced the butter by 1/4 cup because several people were saying in the comments that their cookies just spread into one – which is likely due to a bit too much butter.
With the first batch I used Dutch processed cocoa like the recipe calls for but my cookies came out super thin so I switched to regular cocoa powder.
I also found that 3/4 cup cocoa wasn’t enough chocolate flavor so I upped it by 1/4 cup then cut back on the flour.
Now they’ve got well pronounced chocolate flavor which pairs well with the white chocolate coating. Here I also replaced some of the granulated sugar with brown for a chewier cookie.
And last but not least I wanted a white chocolate dipped peppermint cookie so I replaced 1 tsp of the vanilla with peppermint extract, and finished them off with a generous dose of white chocolate (think cookies and cream), then sprinkled them with some pretty peppermint bits.
These are Christmas + chocolate perfection! Another must-try cookie to add to the holiday baking list!
Ingredients Needed for These Cookies
- All-purpose flour
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Baking soda
- Unsalted butter
- Granulated sugar and brown sugar
- Vanilla extract and peppermint extract
- White chocolate
- Peppermint bits
Scroll below for full printable recipe.
How to Make Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with silicone liners or parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a stand mixer cream together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar.
- Mix in eggs one at a time then blend in vanilla extract and peppermint extract.
- Add in flour mixture and mix just until combined.
- Scoop dough out by a rounded tablespoon and shape into balls.
- Space on cookies sheets 2-inches apart. Flatten cookies slightly.
- Bake one sheet at a time in preheated oven about 8 minutes.
- Let cool cookies cool.
- Melt white chocolate.
- Dip cooled cookies in white chocolate and sprinkle with peppermint bits. Chill to set.
More Christmas Cookies You Might Like
White Chocolate Dipped Peppermint Chocolate Cookies
Such a delicious flavor combination! You get decadent chocolate cookies mixed with the real peppermint flavor, and they're finished with a layer of sweet and creamy white chocolate. So good that they'll likely become a new holiday tradition!
- 1 2/3 cups (237g) all-purpose flour (scoop and level to measure)
- 1 cup (98g) unsweetened cocoa powder (scoop and level to measure)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup (226g) unsalted butter, softened about halfway (it should be fairly firm still)
- 1 1/4 cups (250g) granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (160g) packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 16 oz. white chocolate, broken or chopped
- 1/4 cup (approx) finely crushed peppermint bits (I used the King Leo ones)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with silicone liners or parchment paper.
In a medium mixing bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt for 20 seconds. Set aside.
In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment cream together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until well combined.
Mix in eggs one at a time then blend in vanilla extract and peppermint extract.
With mixer set on low speed slowly add in flour mixture and mix just until combined.
Scoop dough out by a rounded tablespoon (about 25 grams each) and shape into balls (if dough is sticky you can chill as needed but mine wasn't sticky at all).
Space on cookies sheets 2-inches apart. Flatten cookies slightly.
Bake one sheet at a time in preheated oven about 8 minutes (cookies should appear slightly under-baked).
Let cool on baking sheet several minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool 5 minutes then transfer to an airtight container to fully cool.
Once cookies are cool, melt white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl on 50% power in 30 second increments, stirring between intervals until melted and smooth.
Dip half of each cookie in white chocolate then transfer to parchment paper and sprinkle with peppermint bits. Chill to let chocolate set about 10 minutes.
Store cookies in an airtight container.