Have you ever grabbed a bag of the specialty popcorn while out shopping and fallen in love with the first bite and simply can’t resist finishing off the rest of the bag? I always love them but I rarely buy them because I can make a much larger batch at home without the preservatives and it doesn’t cost nearly as much.
This is the kind we sampled last time I was out shopping with my kids, but instead of buying the bag we just came home and made it…and devoured it in no time. The one at the store was labeled as “white chocolate pumpkin spice popcorn” but why leave out the “pie”?
If you love or hate pumpkin pie then you’ll love this recipe. That may sound strange right? If you hate pumpkin pie then you’ll like this pumpkin pie spice popcorn. Why? Because it has no pumpkin.
It’s just carmely, crunchy, pumpkin pie spiced perfection and it’s completely addicting. I’m going to have to limit how frequently I make this stuff :). Enjoy!
Follow Cooking Classy
Pumpkin Pie Spice Popcorn with White Chocolate
One of my favorite ways to make crunchy caramel popcorn - with pumpkin pie spice and white chocolate! No one can resist this treat!
- 1/2 cup , unpopped popcorn kernals (10 cups popped)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter*
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 5 oz chopped white chocolate or white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Pop popcorn into a very large bowl, remove any unpopped kernals. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves and salt. Bring mixture to a boil and allow to boil 4 minutes without stirring.
- Remove from heat and add in vanilla and baking soda and stir mixture until it thick and glossy. Pour half of caramel sauce over popcorn then toss several times, add remaining caramel sauce and toss popcorn until evenly coated.
- Spread popcorn onto a large rimmed cookie sheet and bake in pre-heated oven 1 hour, stirring popcorn every 15 minutes. Allow to cool completely then in a microwave safe bowl, melt white chocolate on 50% power in 20 second intervals, stirring after each interval until melted and smooth.
- Pour melted white chocolate into a piping bag or ziploc bag, cut a very small tip from corner and drizzle popcorn with melted white chocolate, then allow to set at room temperature. Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week.
- *salted butter works fine too, just reduce the amount of salt to 1/4 tsp if using salted butter.
- Recipe Source: adapted slightly from allrecipes.com