What do you make when your in a crunch for time but want a wowing, incredible and highly addictive treat? Cookies and cream popcorn mix. I don’t know if there’s a better way to celebrate Oreos 100th birthday than by making a batch of this perfect, intensely delicious popcorn.
I made this easy popcorn in under 10 minutes! It is one of my new favorite treats!
I couldn’t stop eating it and even though it was 10:00 in the morning =). Be warned, once you start munching it is going to be hard to stop.
I’d recommend wrapping some up in treat bags, tying them with a ribbon and gifting them to friends, neighbors or coworkers. Enjoy!
Follow Cooking Classy
Cookies and Cream Popcorn
The easiest tastiest treat - Oreo and white chocolate covered popcorn!
- 1/2 cup unpopped popcorn kernels , or 2 bags tender white popcorn
- 1 (12 oz) bag Vanilla Candy Melts, such as Wilton
- 24 Oreo cookies , chopped into pebble size pieces (about 3 cups)
- Pop popcorn kernels in popcorn popper into a very large bowl, according to manufacturers directions (or alternately in microwave if using microwave popcorn bags). Remove any unpopped kernels. Toss chopped Oreos into popped popcorn.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt Vanilla Candy Melts in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval until melted and smooth. Drizzle half of melted candy melts over popcorn mixture. Toss several times with a rubber spatula then drizzle remaining melted candy melts over popcorn mixture and toss mixture gently for about 30 seconds - 1 minute until evenly coated. Pour mixture into wax paper to allow mixture to cool and candy melts to set. Store Cookies and Cream Popcorn in an airtight container.
- Recipe Source: adapted from Sing for Your Supper