Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread – it’s such a great way to use up zucchini and just perfect for summer! Who can resist these flavors?
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
It’s brimming with spices, rich in chocolate chips and it has a wonderful texture.
Plus this chocolate chip zucchini bread is a breeze to make. Even if you don’t bake often you can easily make this!
It’s so good I think you’ll find it very hard to stop at just one slice!
How to Make Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- First you’ll start out by preheating the oven and preparing the loaf pan.
- Then in a mixing bowl whisk together the dry ingredients – the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a separate large mixing bowl using an electric hand mixer blend together, sugar, oil, applesauce, sour cream, eggs and vanilla.
- Add in flour mixture and mix until combined, then fold in zucchini and chocolate chips (you can set aside 1 Tbsp chocolate chips to add on top if desired).
- Bake in preheated oven until cooked through.
- Let cool on wire rack. Slice and enjoy!
How Can I Make it Healthier?
If you want to make this healthier substitute:
- whole wheat flour for the white flour
- plain greek yogurt for the sour cream
- light olive oil for the vegetable oil
- reduce sugar to 1/2 cup
Can I Make the Batter into Muffins Instead?
Yes these could also be baked as muffins instead. Just pour into paper lined muffin cups filling each 3/4 full and bake about 18 – 23 minutes until set.
More Delicious Zucchini Recipes to Try
- Lemon Zucchini Bread
- Zucchini Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Roasted Garlic Parmesan Zucchini Squash and Tomatoes
- Zucchini Lasagna Boats
- Taco Zucchini Boats
Follow Cooking Classy
16 Quick & Easy 30 Minute Recipes! (plus weekly recipe updates)
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- 1 3/4 cups (264g) all-purpose flour (scoop and level to measure)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup (210g) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup (88g) unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup (80g) sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (138g) shredded zucchini (grate on large holes of box grater with lighter pressure to prevent thick shreds)
- 2/3 cup (122g) semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter an 8 by 4-inch loaf pan and line with a sheet of parchment paper leaving a 2-inch overhang on two sides, butter parchment (alternately you can just butter pan and lightly dust with flour and shake out excess).
- In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg for 20 seconds, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric hand mixer blend together sugar, vegetable oil, applesauce, sour cream, eggs and vanilla until well blended. Add dry ingredients then mix on low speed just until combined. Fold in zucchini and chocolate chips, reserving 1 Tbsp chocolate chips for sprinkling over top of loaf. Pour into prepared loaf pan, sprinkle reserved chocolate chips over top.
- Bake in preheated oven until toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean, about 55 - 65 minutes and tenting loaf with foil at about 45 minutes to prevent excessive browning on top. Cool in loaf pan about 3 minutes then run a sharp knife around edges of loaf to insure it's loose then remove loaf. Cool on wire rack (I recommend after 20 minutes of cooling, transfer loaf to an airtight container or gallon size resealable bag to seal in moisture and soften crust). Cut in to slices once cool.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy