No more buying peaches and cream oatmeal packets with those artificial peaches =). This oatmeal with real peaches and real cream is so much better that it’s likely you’ll never be able to return to the packets once you’ve tried this.
I eat oatmeal about 5 out of 7 days, I often even eat it as my night time snack before bed. Yeah I love oatmeal just that much. I never thought I’d say it, but it’s true. My mom would always eat it every morning when I was little and I never would’ve thought 15 years later I would be doing the same thing. Of course I never eat it plain, simply sweetened with sugar or as she did by adding a half a stick of butter. I always add other flavors or fruits. Some of my favorites include Banana Oatmeal, Brown Sugar Maple Oatmeal (a future recipe post) and this Peaches and Cream Oatmeal.
I made this using canned peaches because that is what I had on hand, and also I like the texture of the canned peaches along with the texture of the oatmeal. I rarely use canned fruit, but trust me this is one recipe where it works perfect!
You could also substitute diced fresh strawberries in place of the peaches for Strawberries and Cream Oatmeal, indeed another favorite of mine (I’d recommend adding the strawberries after cooking though and omitting the cinnamon).
Indulge, just a little =), with this heavenly Peaches and Cream Oatmeal. Turn a drab breakfast into something exciting!
- 1/2 cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats or Quick Oats*
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp packed light brown sugar or granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1 dash salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup diced canned, drained peaches or fresh peaches*
- 2 Tbsp cream or half-n-half
- In a large microwave safe bowl, combine oats, milk, water, sugar, optional cinnamon and salt. If using fresh peaches add them to oatmeal mixture before microwaving so they will cook and become softened. Microwave mixture on HIGH power for 3 1/2 - 4 minutes. Remove from microwave and stir in vanilla. If using canned peaches fold them into oatmeal after microwaving. Drizzle oatmeal with cream. Serve warm.
- Recipe Source: Cooking Classy