Here was my lunch for the day, lucky me :). I don’t eat like that often but when it’s something like this there’s just no way I can resist. Cheesecake is like my ultimate weakness (okay that and chocolate and salted caramel. Oh, and cheese and pizza. Ok my weaknesses are endless but you get the point). But these cheesecakes you simply have to try! Basically your holidays will be like 10 times better if you serve up these decadent, easy to make cheesecakes :).
Holidays for me are all about the food and this one is definitely something worthy of serving on Christmas day or at any holiday party. You will love how easy these are to prepare. They require no baking at all, just a good chilling in the refrigerator to get that silky smoothy and dreamy texture.
Everyone is going to go nuts over these! I was telling my mom I was making these today and telling her what was in them, and we were both saying “there’s just no way you can go wrong”. Oreos, cream, cream cheese, white chocolate, sugar and peppermint flavor – see what I mean? Not the healthiest of things by any means but hey, this is the holidays! We go all in… and we also get our stretchy pants out (aren’t leggings just the best? The only thing that was every right about the 80’s).
- 12 regular size original Oreos
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 8 Tbsp powdered sugar, divided
- 4 oz white baking chocolate
- 10 oz cream cheese, softened (1 8oz pkg + 2oz)
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- Red food coloring, optional
- Mini oreos and more white chocolate (optional)
- Candy canes, for decoration
- In a food processor, pulse Oreos until finely ground (or you can use a large Ziploc bag and rolling pin, then pour into a mixing bowl and toss with butter), with mixer running slowly pour in melted butter and pulse until evenly coated. Pour about 2 1/2 Tbsp of the Oreo mixture into 6 serving cups and level, set aside.
- Melt white chocolate according to directions listed on package (I did the microwave directions), then allow to cool until just barely lukewarm (keep if fluid though, you don't want it to set at all or you'll get pieces of white chocolate throughout the cheesecake).
- In a medium mixing bowl, using an electric hand mixer, whip heavy cream until soft peaks form. Add 3 Tbsp powdered sugar and whip until stiff peaks form, set aside in refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl using an electric hand mixer, whip cream cheese until smooth and fluffy. Mix in remaining 5 Tbsp powdered sugar and 1/2 tsp peppermint extract. Stir in cooled white chocolate (at this point if you want to tint half with red food coloring then separate half into another bowl and tint then add half of the whipped cream to each) then fold in whipped cream. Spoon mixture into a piping bag (if doing pink and white, follow directions here). Pipe over oreo layer in cups. Chill in refrigerator 2 hours.
- Garnish with either crushed candy canes, candy canes sticks (you'll only need bottom half of candy canes), or peppermint white chocolate dipped mini Oreos just before serving.
- If doing the peppermint white chocolate dipped Oreos, simply melt some white chocolate or vanila almond bark according to directions on package and dip mini Oreos in melted white chocolate. Transfer to wax paper and sprinkle with crushed candy canes before chocolate sets. Allow to set at room temperature.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy