Looking for that snack to bring to a holiday party that’s sure to be a crowd pleaser? Then you’ve got to try this dip! It got rave reviews all around from both young and old alike, and bonus – it was so easy to make! As I was browsing Walmart, looking for recipe inspiration for upcoming Holiday gatherings of course I was brought back to holiday memories of cheese balls my mom made with Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning Mix and I knew I wanted to try a new spin on that. This tastes just like a cheese ball but in a creamier more dip-able, no cracker breaking form! I made it the week before Thanksgiving and loved it so I decided to make it to have around for the holidays with all the company we’d be having. Let’s just say everyone was coming back for more!
When I know this is in the fridge I just keep reaching in and grabbing some veggies to dive into this dip. I love everything about it. I mean with ingredients like bacon, cheddar and ranch how could you go wrong? All the best things in one incredible dip that is destined to please. This will be a regular on my holiday menu and maybe take over that yearly holiday cheese ball tradition my mom used to have. It’s absolutely delicious and perfectly irresistible. Make it soon and enjoy!
Just fyi if you don’t like things very salt you can use low-sodium bacon or you can add a little more sour cream to balance out the salt. My family likes a bit of salt so it was perfect for us but if you don’t like much salt then adjust accordingly.
What I love most about this recipe is that you can make it ahead of time. You can whip it up the before heading to any family function, just be sure and cover it with Glad Press’n Seal Wrap beforehand.
Bacon Cheddar Ranch Dip
- 8 slices bacon (9 oz) cooked until crisp, cooled and crumbled into bits
- 1 (8 oz) pkg. Neufchatel cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream
- 1 (1 oz) pkg. Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing Mix
- 1 cup finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions (from about 2)
- Fresh vegetables and crackers , for serving
- Place Neufchatel cheese in a medium mixing bowl and using an electric hand mixer whip until smooth. Add sour cream and mix until smooth. Add dressing mix, cheddar cheese, green onions and bacon and stir and fold until well blended*. Serve with vegetables and crackers. Store dip in refrigerator in an airtight container.
- *If you'd like to have some of the cheddar, onions and bacon on top of the dip just set some aside before mixing the rest in.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Glad & Hidden Valley Ranch. The opinions and text are all mine.