Happy Easter everyone! I hope you are all having a wonderful day with family and friends!
I know this Melon and Pineapple Fruit Salad with Honey, Lime and Mint Dressing is pretty much skipping a season but I couldn’t resist. When you get pineapple for .99 cents it only makes sense to spend $10 more and make a fruit salad :). This is the perfect summer fruit salad and if you can find good melons right now it also makes the perfect spring fruit salad. All of the fruit I got was actually really sweet and delicious except for the honeydew. I need a little help picking out melons, they can be tricky. I was hoping it would be a little more green but I’m sure I’ll be making it again sometime and maybe next time I’ll get luckier. Anyone know the trick to getting a greener honeydew? Maybe they need to be a little more ripe than mine was too, riper fruit can tend to be a deeper shade in color. Anyway besides that this fruit salad is amazing! It’s simple and there isn’t a lot to it but absolutely love the bright fresh flavors here! The dressing compliments the fruit perfectly and I love that it’s a light dressing that doesn’t hide the delicious flavors of the fruit. The key with this is to add the dressing just before serving because melons start to break down quickly – especially the watermelon. Also drain of any excess juice after chopping up the melons, espeically if you’ve let them sit in the fridge for a while after cutting. I hope you get a chance to try this soon, it’s a perfectly refreshing and healthy treat that will leave you craving more!
Melon Fruit Salad with Honey, Lime and Mint Dressing
- 1 mini seedless watermelon , diced into small cubes (5 cups)
- 1 cantaloupe , diced into small cubes (5 cups)
- 1 honeydew , diced into small cubes (5 cups)
- 1 pineapple , diced into small cubes (3 1/2 cups)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- Dice fruit (drain of any excess liquid) and add fruit to a large salad bowl. In a jar or bowl whisk together honey, lime juice and mint. Pour over fruit and toss to evenly coat. Serve immediately.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy