Baked Oatmeal is the perfect way to get your kids to eat oatmeal! They’ll think it’s a baked treat. It’s perfectly hearty and a great start to any morning. It also makes a great on the go breakfast.
Baked Oatmeal with Apple Cinnamon Fall Flavors
Bring on those cold fall mornings, with this warm baked oatmeal recipe I’m totally ready for it!
It wasn’t until a few years ago that I first tried baked oatmeal and now I’m totally hooked!
Just like stovetop oatmeal, it’s so versatile, but the texture is so different.
So the people that don’t normally like the runny porridge-like oatmeal love this!
And I’m obsessed with this cinnamon, apple and cranberry, walnut combo.
Plus it’s sweetened with real maple syrup instead of sugar and uses coconut oil instead of butter so you can feel good about eating this for breakfast! Or lunch, or dinner. That’s cool too.?
Ingredients You’ll Need for This Recipe
- Rolled oats
- Baking powder
- Cinnamon and nutmeg
- Coconut oil
- Maple syrup
- Dried cranberries
How to Make Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease baking dish.
- Whisk together oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl whisk together eggs. Mix in milk, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Add oat mixture to milk mixture along with apples, walnuts and about 2/3 of the cranberries and stir.
- Pour into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle remaining 1/3 of the cranberries over the top.
- Bake in preheated oven until set, about 45 minutes. Serve warm.
Tips for Baked Oatmeal
- Use Old Fashioned rolled oats not quick oats.
- Use coconut oil or melted butter.
- Substitute maple syrup for honey or sugar.
- Add walnuts and cranberries for texture.
More Oatmeal Recipes You’ll Love
Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal
Sweet, apple cinnamon swirled, baked oatmeal! This is a perfectly cozy breakfast for a cold fall or winter day! It's hearty and filling, and a great recipe for people that don't like porridge style oatmeal.
- 2 1/3 cups (206g) rolled oats (Old Fashioned)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (475ml) milk
- 1/4 cup (56g) coconut oil, melted
- 6 Tbsp real maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 crisp peeled and cored, 1/2-inch diced sweet apples (such as Braeburn, Honey Crisp or Gala)
- 3/4 cup (75g) chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup (70g) dried cranberries
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 9 by 9-inch or 2 quart casserole dish.
In a medium mixing bowl whisk together oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
In a separate large mixing bowl whisk together eggs until well blended. Mix in milk, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla.
Add oat mixture to milk mixture along with apples, walnuts and about 2/3 of the cranberries and stir well.
Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle remaining 1/3 of the cranberries over the top.
Bake in preheated oven until set, about 45 minutes. Serve warm.
Recipe source: Cooking Classy