About two months ago I posted these energy bites here. Since then I’ve probably made them eight times because me and my kids love them so much. Today I’ve decided to mix things up a bit and make a decadent chocolate version. Now I’m sure I will be rotating the other kind out with these at least half of the time. They are amazing!
These remind me a lot of a no-bake cookies, but these are far healthier. It might have something to do with the fact that they don’t have 2 cups of sugar and a stick of butter. So, when you get that chocolate or dessert craving, just pop of few of these and you’re craving will most definitely be satisfied and you won’t have to feel guilty about it. These are also perfect just for a midday snack or even a quick on the go breakfast.
If you haven’t ever made energy bites yet, what better time than now? I mean these are chocolate, how could you not want them :)?
Just try not to get as addicted as I am. Enjoy!
Follow Cooking Classy
No-Bake Chocolate Energy Bites
- 1/2 cup no stir almond butter (I used Maranatha) or creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- Up to 4 tsp warm water , as needed
- 1 cup old fashioned oats (raw)
- 3/4 cup toasted or raw coconut (I used sweetened)
- 1/2 cup flaxseed meal
- 6 Tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl, stir together almond butter, honey, vanilla and cocoa powder. If mixture seems too thick stir in 2 tsp warm water to thin.
- Add oats, coconut, flaxseed meal and chocolate chips and stir until evenly coated. At this point if mixture still doesn't stick well, stir in up to 2 tsp water as needed.
- Transfer mixture to refrigerator or freezer and chill until nearly set and easier to handle.
- Remove from refrigerator and shape into 1-inch balls. Store in refrigerator in an airtight container.
FOR THIS ORIGINAL VERSION CLICK LINK HERE.