These Mini Pancake Muffins come together in 30 minutes and are so easy to make. Just pour the pancake batter into the muffin tin, add your toppings and bake!
Easy Pancake Muffins
Pancakes are one of the best foods ever created. They are incredibly easy to make and they taste out of this world delicious! Not to mention my picky eating kids always clear their plates when I make them.
So, when I saw these mini pancake muffins on Pinterest from Five Heart Home I knew I had to try them! They were a breeze to make and I couldn’t stop dunking and poppin’ ’em!
I love anything that is miniature and bite-sized, it just makes food that much better and more fun to eat, for both young and old alike. These mini pancake bites are so easy to throw together and you don’t have to stand around forever flipping pancakes!
Just pour in the batter, add toppings and give a quick bake in the oven, it’s as easy as that. I definitely preferred these fresh out of the oven, so if you don’t think you’ll need 44 then just make half the recipe.
Mini Pancake Muffin Ingredients
For these pancake bites, you’ll need:
- All-purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
- Baking powder and baking soda
- Unsalted butter
- Toppings of choice
- Maple syrup, for serving
How to Make Mini Pancake Muffins
- Combine wet ingredients in one bowl, and dry ingredients in another.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry and stir to combine.
- Pour pancake batter into greased mini muffin tins and add desired toppings.
- Bake until pancake muffins are set and risen.
What Pancake Toppings Do You Recommend?
Sine these mini pancake bites are so tiny, you don’t want to overload them with toppings. I recommend adding either a single raspberry, four blueberries, or a scant teaspoon of mini chocolate chips just before baking these bites.
You could also brush these pancake muffins with butter and roll them in cinnamon sugar once they’re out of the oven!
Can I Top These Pancake Bites with Frozen Fruit?
I haven’t tried it myself, but readers have reported success with using frozen fruit as a pancake topping.
Can You Freeze These Pancake Bites?
Again, I haven’t tried that myself (these pancake muffins disappear immediately at my house!). But I’ve had readers say they’ve frozen and reheated these bites with no problem. I imagine you’d need to reheat these in the oven, but I can’t say for sure.
Tips for the Best Pancake Muffins
- Once you add the wet ingredients to the dry, let the pancake batter rest for a few minutes before pouring it into the greased muffin tins.
- These pancake bites won’t turn golden brown on top, so don’t worry if yours look a little pale when they come out of the oven.
- If you’re not sure whether your mini pancakes have finished baking, cut one open to test its doneness.
More Pancake Recipes You’ll Love:
- Chocolate Pancakes with Homemade Chocolate Sauce
- Blueberry Sour Cream Pancakes
- German Pancake
- Buttermilk Pancakes
- Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
- Mini German Pancake Bites
Follow Cooking Classy
Mini Pancake Muffins
Fun and tasty pancakes in mini bite size muffin form. Fill with fruit or chocolate chips, or bake then brush with butter and roll in cinnamon sugar.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter , melted
- Blueberries , raspberries, mini chocolate chips or melted butter and cinnamon sugar (optional)
- Maple syrup , for serving
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl whisk together buttermilk, eggs and melted butter. While whisking, pour buttermilk mixture into flour mixture and mix just until combined (batter will be slightly lumpy). Allow batter to rest 2 minutes.
- Spray each well of two 24 mini muffin cup pans with non-stick cooking spray. Fill each muffin well about 2/3 full (a heaping Tbsp into each. I have a 1 1/2 Tbsp cookie scoop and filled it nearly full). If adding toppings, add 4 blueberries in each, or 1 raspberry, or scant 1 tsp mini chocolate chips. If doing cinnamon sugar topping, once the plain muffins are done, brush tops lightly with melted butter, remove from pan and immediately roll in cinnamon sugar (these taste like churros!).
Bake in preheated oven 10 - 12 minutes.*
- Cool one minute then invert onto a wire rack (for the blueberry version you may need to run a sharp knife around edges to loosen). Serve immediately with maple syrup.
- *These pancake muffins won't color much while baking (or maybe the top element in my oven is slacking), but they should be nice and puffed and centers shouldn't be wet. You can break one open to test.
- Recipe source: adapted slightly from Five Heart Home