Banana Almond Flax Smoothie is like dessert for breakfast and I just can’t get enough of it! Once you try this smoothie you’re going to have to keep an extra stock of frozen bananas on hand at all times, it’s definitely a smoothie you’ll want to make regularly. It has a deliciously nutty flavor and it’s perfectly complimented by the sweet bananas.
A Favorite Smoothie Recipe!
I love when I can find something healthy like this that my whole family loves, kids included.
I also love that it’s made with ingredients I always have on hand. One of the most convenient and delicious smoothies – what’s not to love here?
Ingredients in This Smoothie
This smoothie is packed with good for you ingredients. It’s made with:
- almond butter
- ground flax seeds
- unsweetened almond milk
- plain Greek yogurt
- and just a few drops of almond extract
How to Make Banana Almond Flax Smoothie
As with just about any smoothie this one is a breeze to make too.
- Just slice and freeze the bananas beforehand.
- Measure out ingredients. Don’t omit the almond extract, even though it’s a few drops it adds a lot of flavor!
- Drop into blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
Make this soon! I’m almost certain that like me, you’re going to be hooked too. It’s so good you’ll dream about this smoothie! And like any other smoothie it only takes a few minutes to make so it’s a no brainer that you need to try it!(Note that this is double the recipe in the photos. Ahh and those almond butter swirls, whose ready to dive?).
Banana Almond Flax Smoothie
This Banana Almond Flax Smoothie is like dessert for breakfast and I just can't get enough of it! Once you try this smoothie you're going to have to keep an extra stock of frozen bananas on hand at all times, chances are it's a smoothie you'll want to make regularly. Its' perfectly creamy, incredibly hearty, and it has a deliciously nutty flavor that's perfectly complimented by the sweet bananas.
- 1 medium well ripened banana, peeled diced into pieces, frozen
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp creamy almond butter
- 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp honey
- 3 - 4 drops almond extract*
- 4 ice cubes (optional)
To a blender add banana, almond milk, Greek yogurt, almond butter, ground flaxseed, honey and almond extract.
Blend until combined then add ice if desired and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
- *I recommend pouring extract into lid first then drop in blender so you don't add too much.
- Recipe adapted from New York Times