A shake for breakfast? Why not when it’s healthy, right? This banana shake consists of six basic ingredients you likely always keep on hand and it can be ready in no time. Chocolate and peanut butter? count me in!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Shake
How could this not be good though? It has three of the best flavors, banana, peanut butter and chocolate all together in one decadent morning treat.
Note that the sweetness of this smoothie comes from the ripeness of the bananas so be sure to use some that are well ripened. If you still would like it a little bit sweeter you could add in a little honey or cut back a touch on the cocoa powder.
This is one creamy, protein rich smoothie you are going to love!
What You Need To Make This Banana Shake;
- Overripe bananas
- Almond milk
- Peanut butter
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Vanilla extract
Why Overripe Bananas?
As bananas ripen they get sweeter and sweeter. There are two benefits of using them in this shake, one you don’t need to throw away your overripe bananas and waste food. Two, the sweetness from the bananas helps sweeten this shake naturally which is always great. If you need extra sweetness go for honey or another natural sweetener to keep this banana shake as healthy as can be!
More Shakes and Smoothies To Try;
- Blueberry Cheesecake Breakfast Protein Shake
- Cake Batter Milkshake
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Breakfast Smoothie
- Cinnamon Bun Breakfast Smoothie
Follow Cooking Classy
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Shake
A healthy, decadent shake that makes the perfect easy breakfast. Brimming with rich chocolate and peanut butter flavor and sure to satisfy.
- 2 large overripe bananas , peeled, sliced and frozen*
- 1 cup original almond milk (or more to thin as desired)
- 3/4 cup ice
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients to a blender a process until well pureed. Serve immediately.
- *The overripe bananas will add the sweetness for the smoothie so use some that have a generous amount of speckles, don't use black bananas though those are just gross.
- Recipe source: adapted from Detoxonista