Avocado Chicken Caesar Wrap is a hearty, flavorful wrap recipe loaded with tender pieces of chicken, crisp lettuce leaves, sweet tomatoes, rich avocados and a creamy caesar dressing. Perfect for lunch or dinner.
Chicken Caesar Wrap Recipe
Lately I’ve been loving wraps more than ever! They are such a great change to the same old sandwiches or salads I have so often, and they are one of those things that’s easy to throw together.
Here, you take a basic caesar salad, add in an upgrade of avocados, chicken and tomatoes, along with a lighter caesar dressing (and nix the croutons because we don’t need double carbs). Then wrap it all up in a big tortilla and boom! You’ve got a wrap everyone will be envious of at your lunch hour (and they are perfect for dinner too)!
Yes, you could go the cheater route and use a store-bought caesar dressing to save time, but really this caesar dressing recipe is easy to mix up it and it’s a big part of what makes this chicken avocado wrap so incredibly delicious!
If you wanted to take these chicken Caesar wraps one step further, you could also add crumbled bacon, but of course they are pretty amazing as is.
Chicken Caesar Wrap Ingredients
For the wraps, you’ll need:
- Grilled chicken breasts
- Romaine lettuce
- Grape tomatoes
- Parmesan cheese
- Burrito-sized tortillas
And for the homemade Caesar dressing, you’ll need:
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Light mayonnaise
- Olive oil
- Anchovy fillets
- Lemon juice
- Worcestershire sauce
- Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Chicken Caesar Wraps
- Whisk together the Caesar dressing ingredients in a small dish.
- Prep the wrap ingredients (slice the chicken, halve the tomatoes, etc.)
- Assemble the wraps, finishing with a drizzle of dressing.
Can I Use Anchovy Paste Instead of Anchovy Fillets?
You could use the anchovy paste in a tube to save time if you want. The whole anchovies in a can are better, but there shouldn’t be a major difference in taste.
If you haven’t cooked with them before, don’t worry, you don’t taste fish. It just brings a nice depth of flavor to the dressing that is a must for any homemade caesar dressing. They smell bad but we’ll all get over it. Don’t omit them!
Can I Use Baked Chicken?
Yes, you can use any leftover chicken you have on hand for these wraps. Rotisserie chicken would also work here!
Tips for the Best Grilled Chicken Wraps
- You’ll need to use burrito-sized tortillas for this recipe, otherwise the caesar salad filling won’t all fit in.
- For the best flavor, use freshly squeezed lemon juice in the dressing.
- If you’re packing these wraps for lunch, it’s fine to make them the morning of. I wouldn’t prep them much earlier than that, otherwise the filling will start to get soggy.
More Wrap Recipes You’ll Love:
- Greek Chicken and Hummus Wrap
- Asian Lettuce Wraps
- BLTA Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps
- Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Follow Cooking Classy
A hearty, flavorful wrap recipe loaded with tender pieces of chicken, crisp lettuce leaves, sweet tomatoes, rich avocados and a creamy caesar dressing. Perfect for lunch or dinner.
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, grilled then cooled 10 minutes and diced*
- Romaine lettuce (you'll need about 2/3 of 1 head)
- 2 small avocadoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1/3 cup finely shredded or shaved parmesan cheese
- 4 burrito size whole wheat or white tortillas
- 2/3 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup light-mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 anchovy fillets, mashed finely to a paste (1 1/2 tsp paste)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp worchestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 small garlic cloves, pressed through a garlic crusher
- 2 Tbsp water, or as needed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For the dressing: Whisk all dressing ingredients together, add in water to thin 1 Tbsp at a time (it should be a somewhat thick dressing). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- For the wraps: Layer tortillas with lettuce, grilled chicken, avocados, tomatoes, and parmesan. Spoon dressing over tops and wrap. Serve immediately.
- *Use left over grilled chicken.
- If you need to grill the chicken, use this method: preheat grill over medium-high heat to about 425F. Pound chicken breast to even thickness then brush both sides lightly with olive oil. In a small bowl, whisk together 1 tsp Italian seasoning, 3/4 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1/2 tsp onion powder and 1/8 tsp garlic powder. Sprinkle evenly over both sides of chicken. Grill about 4 minutes per side on preheated grill or until center registers 165F on an instant read thermometer.