Chicken Noodle Soup is one of those comforting must have recipes. This version is super easy to make, it has lots of flavor, and it’s just what you need on a chilly day! It’s a soup you’ll want to make again and again!
Chicken Noodle Soup
This soup is one of my favorite things to make for dinner. I know that may seem boring but it’s just such a cozy soup that I’m always in the mood for.
I love that it’s quick and easy to make, especially when you use rotisserie chicken like I have here and skip making the broth from scratch.
Plus it’s one of those dinners that everyone in the family can agree on. And it’s always a good thing to serve to guests because I can’t think of many people who don’t like it.
It makes the perfect weeknight dinner because you have have it ready in about 30 minutes and it’s filled with healthy ingredients.
Ingredients You’ll Need for This Recipe
- Olive oil
- Fresh veggies – carrots, celery, onion, garlic
- Low sodium-chicken broth
- Fresh herbs – thyme, rosemary, sage and parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Egg noodles
- Cooked rotisserie chicken
- Lemon (optional)
How to Make Chicken Noodle Soup
- Saute veggies.
- Add broth and herbs, season with salt and pepper.
- Add pasta and cook through.
- Stir in chicken, lemon and parsley.
Can I Use Dried Herbs in Place of Fresh?
If you don’t have fresh herbs on hand dried herbs will work great too. Just use 1/3 the amounts listed.
Can I Use Chicken Thighs?
This recipe will also work great with cooked chicken thighs. And actually, when using the rotisserie chicken meat I’d add the thigh meat too, it adds great flavor.
Can I Use Another Type of Noodle?
Another good substitute is rotini pasta. If using add 1 3/4 cups and add a few additional minutes for cooking.
More Chicken Noodle Soup Recipes You Might Like
- Slow Cooker Noodle Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
- Tortellini Chicken Noodle Soup
- Asian Chicken Noodle Soup
Follow Cooking Classy
Chicken Noodle Soup
A simple yet perfectly delicious chicken noodle soup! Filled with lots of noodles, veggies and tender chicken. It has lots of flavor, and it's just what you need on a chilly day! A recipe you'll want on repeat.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups diced carrots
- 1 1/2 cups diced celery
- 1 1/2 cups diced yellow onions
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 4 (14.5 oz) cans low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tsp each chopped fresh thyme, rosemary and sage*
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley , divided
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/3 cups medium egg noodles (dry)
- 12 oz . shredded rotisserie chicken (from about a 2 lb rotisserie chicken)
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (optional)
Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
Add carrots, celery and onions and saute 4 minutes then add garlic and saute 1 minute longer.
Stir in chicken broth, thyme, rosemary, sage and half of the parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, cover pot and simmer 10 minutes.
Stir in noodles, cover and boil over medium heat until noodles are cooked through, stirring occasionally, about 7 minutes (or as directed on package).
Stir in chicken and heat through, about 1 minute. Stir in lemon and parsley and serve warm.
- Look for the poultry herb pkg. so you don't have to purchase all 3 separately, or use 1/2 tsp of each dried.
- To make this in 30 minutes - prep some of the ingredients while sauteing and simmering vegetables, such as shredded chicken and chopping herbs.