Reese’s Sugar Cookies – Cookie dreams come true with these delicious, indulgent cookies. Traditional sugar cookies meet rich cocoa then they’re finished with a fluffy peanut butter frosting for one incredible cookie that tastes just like a Reese’s!
These cookies have one of the best flavor combinations: chocolate and peanut butter. They were made to be together. If you love chocolate or peanut butter, and especially Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups then this is the cookie for you!
Reese’s Sugar Cookies
What if I’m craving a frosted sugar cookie AND a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup? I make these cookies! They blend those two incredible treats perfectly, and you may never want plain sugar cookies or standalone Reese’s ever again. I love making the sugar cookie base with chocolate because it’s a deeper and richer flavor. The frosting is also upgraded with peanut butter, which is great for those of us who sometimes think a buttercream frosting is too sweet.
I recommend serving this with a tall glass of cold milk—you’ll want it for sure! You might also experiment with the orange and yellow sprinkles to reflect the Reese’s brand colors, or even stick a few of the tiny Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups on top of the cookies.
Another idea that I love is making them into cookie sandwiches! Add a double layer of the peanut butter frosting and lay another chocolate cookie on top. YUM!
Reese’s Sugar Cookie Remixes
I love switching up the flavors on the traditional sugar cookie, because who doesn’t love a frosted sugar cookie? I started with the Original Bakery Style Sugar Cookie, then the Sugar Cookie Squares and then a real switch up with Cornbread Sugar Cookies with Honey Butter Frosting (also in Squares). I also have more combinations in mind, so stay tuned for more sugar cookie posts in the future =).
Follow Cooking Classy
16 Quick & Easy 30 Minute Recipes! (plus weekly recipe updates)
Chocolate Sugar Cookies with Peanut Butter Frosting (taste like Reese’s)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light-brown sugar
- 9 Tbsp butter , softened (1 stick + 1 Tbsp)
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 Recipe Peanut Butter Frosting , recipe follows
- Chocolate Nonpareils (optional, but I'd say a fancy must =)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, whisk together, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt, set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer, whip together granulated sugar, brown sugar, butter and sour cream until light and fluffy about 3-4 minutes. Stir in egg, egg yolk and vanilla.
- Slowly add in dry ingredients and mix until incorporated (dough will be thick). Scoop dough out 2 tablespoons at a time and form into balls. Place balls onto greased cookie sheets and evenly flatten to about 1/2 inch thick using your hands. Bake in preheated oven 9 - 10 minutes. Allow to cool completely before frosting. Frost with Peanut Butter Frosting and top with Chocolate Nonpareil Sprinkles if desired.
Peanut Butter Frosting
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, whip together peanut butter, butter, vanilla and salt until smooth. Stir in powdered sugar and milk (begin with 3 Tbsp then add 1 additional Tbsp milk later if desired), and blend until smooth and fluffy.