There’s nothing quite like a comforting bowl of warm oatmeal on a cold winters day to help get us going first thing in the morning. Especially when it’s as good as this Coconut Blueberry Oatmeal is! This oatmeal is perfectly hearty and filling, and is packed with nutritious ingredients.
Coconut Blueberry Oatmeal
Of course it starts with rolled oats. Then instead of adding the traditional boring water or milk, I added canned coconut milk and coconut water. It gives it a unique yet delicious, raw coconut flavor, and a wonderfully creamy texture.
Some of you may like your oatmeal without added sugars. I haven’t quite gotten that far :) but you most definitely could omit the sweetener used in this recipe, which makes it healthier.
This recipe is a great way to get excited about eating oatmeal again! With oatmeal I’m always eating it in phases. I’ll eat it for a few weeks and then I’ll get sick of it and go a few weeks without, but the more variations I have on it, the more I’ll make it without getting bored.
I love peanut butter oatmeal, apple cinnamon oatmeal, overnight oats, banana oatmeal, baked oatmeal, chocolate oatmeal and now, I’ve got this delicious Blueberry Coconut Oatmeal to add to that list (all of those recipes you can find on my blog btw, just use the search box on the right side. Oh, except peanut butter. That one I just add 1 Tbsp of peanut butter and a little honey to the basic recipe after it’s cooked.)
As a side note, I know fresh blueberries aren’t in season in many places right now, and they can be pricey, so you can omit them or just replace them with another fruit until Summer rolls around. But once Summer get’s here be sure to try it with blueberries, they add a wonderful natural sweetness and flavor!
More Oatmeal Recipes You’ll Love
Follow Cooking Classy
Coconut Blueberry Oatmeal
A creamy, tasty oatmeal that's loaded with blueberries, almonds and a delicious coconuty flavor. Perfect for breakfast any day of the year!
- 1 (16.9 oz) bottle Zico Coconut Water
- 1 1/4 cups light canned coconut milk , plus more for serving if desired
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 tsp coconut extract or vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 Tbsp honey , brown sugar or coconut sugar (or to taste)
- 2/3 cup toasted unsweetened or sweetened flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds (optional)
- Bring coconut water, coconut milk, oats and salt to a boil. Reduce to low heat and let simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, stir in coconut extract and sugar. Thin with water or more coconut milk if desired. Let cool 2 minutes. Pour into individual bowls, add another 2 Tbsp coconut milk to each bowl if desired and top each serving with coconut flakes, blueberries and almonds.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy