Pancakes made with the rich spiced flavor of eggnog are the perfect Christmas breakfast! They’re easy to make, they’re tall and fluffy and they taste like an absolute dream!
There’s nothing like cozying up in your pj’s and slippers and settling down to a warm holiday breakfast full of freshly squeezed orange juice, hot from the oven, perfectly crisp bacon, perfectly cooked scrambled eggs which are loaded with cheddar, and a tall stack of warm pancakes slathered with butter and drenched in maple syrup.
One of my favorite parts of Christmas when I was younger was always the breakfast my mom made. She didn’t make a hot breakfast often, we were much more of a dry cereal family so a hot breakfast like this was a big deal to me.
And bacon to this day still reminds me of Christmas morning, then I’m reminded of how many oranges it took me and my siblings to squeeze by hand with one of those twist to juice thingamathings (manual juicers) to get enough juice for my mom and all 6 kids.
Good times though. Christmas morning is hands down my favorite morning of the year no doubt so a seriously incredible breakfast is a must!
But really, don’t wait until Christmas to make these incredibly soft and fluffy eggnog flavored pancakes! You need to make a trial batch like three times before, right :)?
With Thanksgiving coming up next week, if you are having guests stay this also makes for an impressive, yet unbelievable easy breakfast to make for them. Who wouldn’t love a tall stack of these? Me and my family were in heaven devouring them.
How to Make Eggnog Pancakes
Note that the recipe makes thick pancakes, at least mine were very much so. So you can add more of the eggnog if you want to thin them out which I think I may do next time because I’m somewhere in the middle of thick and thin. I used to be all about the extra thin pancakes when I was younger.
I loved the thickness of say, McDonalds pancakes (which now I think are a waste of time btw, go fresh or go home. Literally though, and make a batch :)) but as I’ve gotten older I’ve realized that’s just going to leave me wanting about 4 or more. So as of now I’m right in the middle.
However you choose to make them, trust me, you are going to love these!
Follow Cooking Classy
Pancakes made with the rich spiced flavor of eggnog are the perfect Christmas breakfast! They're easy to make, they're tall and fluffy and they taste like an absolute dream! Makes about 10 pancakes.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 cups eggnog (use more for thinner pancakes)
- 2 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp butter , melted
- 1/2 tsp rum extract
- Maple syrup , for serving
- Preheat and electric griddle to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Make a well in mixture then set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together eggnog, eggs, butter and rum extract until well blended. Pour wet mixture into well in dry mixture and whisk just until combined (small lumps are fine). Pour about a heaping 1/3 cup onto buttered griddle (vegetable oil works fine too if you don't like the fact that the butter can burn quickly), spread batter into an even round (just using the bottom of measuring cup). Cook until bottom is golden brown then lift, butter griddle once more, flip pancake and cook opposite side until golden brown. Serve warm with butter and maple syrup.
- Recipe source: inspired by Taste of Home