Gingerbread Pancakes – soft and fluffy pancakes that taste just like gingerbread cookies!
They’re perfectly spiced and flavorful, and it’s like a treat for breakfast and no once can resist!
Only 5 days until Christmas!! It always comes and goes so quickly but thankfully it comes every year. I love Christmas and how excited my kids get for it every year!
It’s just like the movie Elf where Buddy screams “Santa’s coming!!” That has been my kids for the last month.
There’s just no holiday like it and it’s definitely my favorite day of the year. And every Christmas we have some sort of festive breakfast like these gingerbread pancakes!
They taste just like a gingerbread cookie but in tender pancake form! They are brimming with spices and packed with the rich flavor of molasses.
These would also be delicious with some sort of cinnamon syrup, which I haven’t yet shared a recipe for but if you have one or can find one I think it would be a could pairing. Maple syrup is also delicious with these though if you don’t want to put in the extra effort.
Gingerbread Pancake Batter
The batter for these will be runnier than your traditional pancake batter but they should still cook up nice and fluffy.
They are probably the most flavorful pancakes I’ve ever had and I love that they are totally fitting for the holiday season!
Serve them with a side of scrambled cheesy eggs, crispy bacon and a glass of fresh O.J. and you’ve got a simple holiday breakfast everyone will love!
More Favorite Pancake Recipes!
- Buttermilk Pancakes
- Red Velvet Pancakes
- German Pancake
- Eggnog Pancakes
- Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
- Banana Bread Pancakes
Follow Cooking Classy
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup unsulphured molasses
- 2 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted, plus more for griddle
- Maple syrup, for serving
- Preheat an electric griddle to 375 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves for 20 seconds. Make a well in center of flour mixture and set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl whisk together water, molasses, and eggs then mix in butter.
- While whisking, pour molasses mixture into well in flour mixture, and mix just until combined (batter should be slightly lumpy and it will also be pretty runny - if you'd like you can let it rest for about 3 minutes and it will thicken).
- Butter griddle then immediately pour batter onto griddle about 1/3 cup at a time.
- Cook until bottom is golden brown and bubbles start to appear on surface edges of pancakes then rotate and cook opposite side until golden brown.
- Serve warm with maple syrup.