This Key Lime Cheesecake is beyond delicious! It’s perfectly tart, deliciously sweet, lightly tangy, unbelievably creamy, and amazingly luscious. It’s brimming with fresh lime flavor and such a show-stopping dessert!
Key Lime Cheesecake
If you haven’t noticed yet I could live on cheesecake! Now if only I could figure out how to make it healthy. I actually love a good splurge once in a while – as in every weekend I need a really decadent dessert like so. I say “need” because I basically do feel like I need it, it gives me a good start to a new week. Makes me feel nice and refreshed :).
Watch the Video!
It’s like a spa treatment through my eyes. I’d take something like this over a back massage any day!
You know it’s good when you can’t help but reach into the fridge at midnight for another slice (whoops)! Trust me though it is worth every single calorie. We all need to treat ourselves sometimes and this is the perfect bright, summery cheesecake to make for any kind of celebration this summer… or to make just because.
I wouldn’t wait for a celebration or get together to make this if you don’t have one coming up soon. You’ll have to make it just because life needs cheesecake sometimes.
So yes this is called Key Lime Pie but to be honest I’ve never bake with key limes. I don’t have the patience to juice millions of itty bitty limes to get 1/2 cup of juice. I mean really though, what do you get out of one of those things a teaspoon of juice?
Fresh lime juice is a must here though, whether you use choose to use Persian Limes (the regular size) or key limes it won’t make a huge difference. Either way you’ll end with one incredible cheesecake that is basically guaranteed to get rave reviews (just please don’t use bottled lime juice, it won’t be near as good)!
My family loved it, and since we are a small family I got to eat it for three days straight – it was a good three days! Make this cheesecake at least once this summer, the summer won’t be complete until you do!
More Cheesecake Recipes You’ll Love
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake
- White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
- Cookies ‘N Cream Cheesecake
- Raspberry Swirled Cheesecake Cupcakes
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Sauce
Follow Cooking Classy
16 Quick & Easy 30 Minute Recipes! (plus weekly recipe updates)
Key Lime Cheesecake
- For the crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line the outside of a 9-inch springform pan with a sheet of 18 by 18 heavy duty aluminum foil*.
- Add graham crackers and sugar to a mixing bowl and stir to combine, then pour in butter and mix with a fork until evenly moistened.
- Pour into prepared springform pan and press evenly into bottom and up the sides coming about 1-inch from the top. Bake in preheated oven 10 minutes, then remove and cool on a wire rack.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees. Have a large roasting pan ready and boil about 4 quarts of water (you may not need all of it).
- For the cheesecake filling: In a small mixing bowl whisk together granulated sugar and cornstarch until well combined. Add cream cheese to a large mixing bowl, pour sugar mixture over top and using an electric hand mixer blend cream cheese until smooth.
- Mix in eggs one at a time, mixing just until combined after each addition. Scrape down sides and bottom of bowl. Add sour cream and heavy cream and mix until combined.
- Mix in lime juice and vanilla. Tap bowl forcefully against countertop about 30 times to release any large air bubbles.
- Pour over cooled graham cracker crust. Place cheesecake in roasting pan then place roasting pan in oven and carefully pour in enough boiling water around cheesecake pan to reach halfway up the side of the cheesecake pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until cheesecake is nearly set but still jiggly in the center, about 60 - 65 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Cover and chill in refrigerator 8 hours or overnight.
- For the topping: In a medium mixing bowl whip heavy cream using an electric hand mixer set on high speed until soft peaks form. Add granulated sugar and whip until stiff peaks form.
- Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a star tip and pipe over cheesecake just before serving. Garnish with berries, lime wedges, lime zest and mint if desired. Store cheesecake in refrigerator.
- *Make sure the foil has no holes, you don't want any water to leak in.