Here’s yet another one pan dinner you are simply going to love! This is the third one pan dinner I’ve posted in a row, I’m becoming slightly obsessed. If you can, why not just bake it all together on one pan and save yourself one less dish to clean?
This chicken is packed with flavor and it goes perfectly with the roasted green beans and fresh tomatoes. It’s simple enough for a weeknight meal yet elegant enough to serve to friends over the weekend. Plus it’s a meal the whole family can agree on. Even the kids will love it!
If you like your green beans to be deeply roasted, you can definitely use 4 whole chicken breast halves (about 6 oz each) in this recipe, that way you’ll be adding a little more cooking time and allowing more time for the green beans to roast. And if you happen to have Italian bread crumbs on hand and not the plain you can omit the herbs (I may add in a little more basil though) and reduce the garlic to one clove. I usually like to make recipes with plain bread crumbs so I can season them as I like, and in case you happen to have homemade bread crumbs you can make your own Italian style crumbs.
Follow Cooking Classy
Sheet Pan Garlic-Parmesan Chicken Tenders and Veggies
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts , sliced into 1 1/4-inch thick strips
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp slightly packed , finely grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp each dried oregano , thyme and crushed rosemary
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 Tbsp olive oil , divided
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 lb fresh green beans , tops trimmed
- 1 cup grape tomatoes , sliced into halves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a shallow dish whisk together bread crumbs, parmesan, basil, oregano, thyme, and rosemary and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add 4 Tbsp olive oil to a separate shallow dish and stir in garlic.
- Working with one chicken tender at a time, dredge both sides in olive oil then immediately transfer to bread crumb mixture and coat both sides, while pressing to adhere.
- Transfer to one side of the baking sheet. Repeat process with remaining chicken tenders and placing them in a row along one side of baking sheet. Spread remaining bread crumbs over tops of chicken and gently press.
- On opposite side of baking dish, toss green beans with 1 Tbsp olive oil. Spread beans to edges of baking dish, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast in preheated oven 23 - 25 minutes, tossing green beans once halfway through cooking, until chicken is golden brown and green beans are crisp-tender (if you want the tomatoes roasted too add them during the last 10 minutes of cooking).
- Remove from oven, sprinkle tomatoes over green beans. Serve warm, garnish chicken with fresh parsley if desired.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy