Sheet Pan Honey Mustard Salmon with Rainbow Veggies is such a healthy flavorful one pan dinner! It’s made with vibrant fresh veggies, tender salmon fillets and it’s seasoned with honey mustard and garlic. Who wouldn’t love this?
Sheet Pan Salmon and Veggies
Not only does this meal look pretty with all those colors but it tastes perfectly delicious too! Of course it’s so easy to throw together – it’s made on one sheet pan, and the clean up is a breeze.
It’s an all around winna winna salmon dinna and it’s a recipe you’ll have on repeat. With foods this good I could keep up healthy eating all year, even through December :).
How to Make Sheet Pan Salmon and Veggies
The directions might seem a little long or more complicated then they really are but after you’ve made it once you might not even need a recipe a second time.
Basically just go by the photos when keeping the vegetables separated by color if your going for the same rainbow look.
You can spread the veggies out more in the beginning, then before adding the salmon and tomatoes just scoot things down to create space or if you don’t want so scoot them just place them as they are pictured from the beginning.
Either way works fine since this is only 3 servings they shouldn’t be overcrowded. I hope all of you enjoy this simple healthy dinner as much as we did!
More Salmon Recipes You’ll Love
- Skillet Seared Salmon with Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce
- Grilled Lime Salmon with Avocado-Mango Salsa and Coconut Rice
- Salmon and Asparagus in Foil
Follow Cooking Classy
Sheet Pan Honey Mustard Salmon and Rainbow Veggies
- 1 medium yellow squash , sliced into 1/2-inch thick rounds
- 2 1/2 cups bite size broccoli florets
- 1/2 medium red onion , diced into 1 inch chunks
- 2 Tbsp olive oil , divided
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard mustard
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 3 garlic cloves , minced, divided
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 (5 - 6 oz) skinless salmon fillets
- 1 cup grape tomatoes (I actually used 1 1/2 cups because I love tomatoes)
- 4 lemon wedges , for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed 18 by 13-inch baking sheet with parchment. Place squash on baking sheet on upper third portion of baking sheet then place broccoli in the middle portion and red onion on bottom portion*. Drizzle veggies with 4 tsp olive oil, season with salt and pepper and toss while keeping veggies separated in each section. Roast in preheated oven 8 minutes. Meanwhile in small bowl stir together mustard, honey, 1 tsp of the olive oil, 1 minced clove garlic and lemon juice, set aside.
- Remove baking sheet from oven. Move veggies down a little ways to fit tomato layer and salmon (as pictured in photos above). Place salmon on baking sheet next to squash layer (bottom side facing up), brush of salmon fillets with half of the mustard mixture and season with a fair amount of salt and pepper, then flip each portion and brush tops with remaining mustard mixture and season with salt and pepper. Place tomatoes on baking sheet in the top portion of the baking sheet, drizzle with last 1 tsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle remaining 2 cloves garlic evenly over the vegetables and tomatoes. Return to oven and roast until salmon has cooked through and vegetables have softened, about 12 - 15 minutes longer. Serve immediately with lemon wedges for spritzing over salmon and vegetables.
- *I actually added the red onion later on when adding the tomatoes and salmon because I wanted them to be brightly colorful, but next time I'm adding them at the beginning so they soften more - as listed above.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy