Peach Coffee Cake – made with a buttery and flavorful cake base, layered with fresh peaches, topped with a tender cinnamon crumb topping and finished with a sweet vanilla glaze. Oh so much goodness in one slice of coffee cake!
Peach Coffee Cake
Coffee cake has got to be one of the best desserts/breakfast treats. Okay, I say that about pretty much any dessert but this Peach Coffee Cake is utterly delicious!
You just cant go wrong with a treat this delicious!
If you are looking for the perfect end of summer dessert to treat yourself this is it! I don’t know anyone who could resist this cake.
Those fresh, sweet and juicy summer peaches make this cake simply sublime and all the different layers and textures just take it from ordinary to extraordinary.
It may take a few more mixing bowls than a single layer cake does but it’s totally worth it! I already can’t wait to make it again!
How to Make Peach Coffee Cake
This cake may seem like a process but it’s fun to make! Here’s a quick breakdown of the steps:
- Make the preheat the oven and grease a springform pan.
- Prepare the crumble topping.
- Make the cake batter, spread into prepare pan.
- Top cake batter with a layer of peach slices.
- Sprinkle crumb topping over peaches.
- Bake, then remove and cool.
- Top with glaze.
More Delicious Coffee Cake Style Recipes to Try
Follow Cooking Classy
16 Quick & Easy 30 Minute Recipes! (plus weekly recipe updates)
Peach Coffee Cake
- 1 1/2 cups (214g) all-purpose flour (scoop and level to measure)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 lb peaches at room temperature, peeled, cored and sliced (about 3 medium sliced into 10 slices each)
- 3/4 cup (170g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (4 oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (80g) sour cream
- 1/3 cup (80ml) buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- To make crumbs:
- In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt until well blended (break any clumps of brown sugar up with fingertips). Pour in melted butter and using a rubber spatula, fold mixture until evenly moistened. Set aside.
- To prepare cake:
- In a separate mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt for 20 seconds, set aside (peel and slice peaches now if you haven't already). In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, whip together butter and granulated sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Mix in eggs one at a time adding in vanilla with second egg.
- Add 1/3 of the flour mixture to the butter/egg mixture and mix just until combined, then pour in buttermilk and mix just until combined. Mix in another 1/3 of the flour mixture and mix just until combined, then mix in sour cream. Finish by mixing in last 1/3 of the flour mixture and mix until nearly combined, then remove bowl and scrape bowl and fold batter just to combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Top evenly with peaches then evenly sprinkle crumb mixture into very small crumbles over peaches.
- Bake in preheated oven until center of cake is set (it shouldn't jiggle or sink when touched, and toothpick should come out free of batter), about 50 - 55 minutes. Cool on a wire rack (you don't need to cool entirely, this cake is really good warm), then drizzle with glaze if desired.
- For the glaze:
- Whisk together powdered sugar, half and half and vanilla in a bowl until well blended. Add more half and half to thin as desired or more powdered sugar to thicken if needed.