These Pretzel M&M Hugs are the perfect little festive treats for Christmas parties or gifts. They only need 3 ingredients, they take no time at all to make, they look so pretty and festive and of course they’re incredibly delicious!
Easiest Chocolate Pretzels!
It’s been six years since I first shared these so I thought in case you’ve missed them I better re-share them. Every year at Christmas these easy treats are always one of the most popular things on my blog!
We love to make these fun chocolates when the holidays roll around because they are they’re amazingly simple, so fun and festive, and so addictive!
Who can resist that sweet and lightly salty combo? And you just can’t go wrong with chocolate. Ever.
And thanks to the Hugs you get both white and milk chocolate in these (since their centers are filled).
Holiday treats don’t get any easier than this! They are perfect for gifting and it’s a treat everyone will love.
You Only Need 3 Ingredients for This Easy Christmas Treat!
The best part about this recipe – you only need 3 ingredients!
- Square Pretzels (not butter flavor!)
- Hersey’s Hugs Chocolates
How to Make These Chocolate Pretzels
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with a Silpat or parchment paper.
- Align pretzels on cookie sheet in a single layer then top each pretzel with one Hershey’s Hug chocolate.
- Bake in preheated oven for 4 – 6 minutes, until the chocolate is shiny and soft, not totally melted!
- Remove from oven and carefully place one M&M in the center of each soft Hug and press down on M&M to spread the chocolate.
- Place in freezer or refrigerator and allow to rest until chocolate has set, about 5 – 15 minutes (freezer will be fastest).
- Store in an airtight container.
I love to wrap them up in cellophane bags and tie with red ribbon, or place in festive tins and give to friends and neighbors. Just be sure to save a stash for yourself!
I highly recommend making a double batch which is what I did this time around.
How Many More Bags for More Batches?
- One 12 oz. bag of Hugs will have about 75 chocolates (enough for one batch).
- Then you should be able to get about 5 batches from an 11.4 oz bag of M&M’s and a family size bag of pretzels.
Tips for This Recipe
- Don’t melt chocolates fully. They should still be standing, they might droop slightly but no puddles. Test one M&M then return to the oven if needed.
- If your oven doesn’t totally cook even you can rotate the sheet halfway through if the back of the oven cooks hotter.
- I love to use silicone liners here because then they don’t slide around. Parchment will work too though. Just be sure to line with one or the other so they don’t stick to the baking sheet.
- Be sure to let the chocolate set fully before you package or store them otherwise they’ll smudge and stick.
More Christmas Treats to Try!
- Turtle Pretzels
- Microwave Caramel
- Microwave Peanut Brittle
- Christmas Crunch (White Chocolate Popcorn)
- Caramel Popcorn
- Christmas Tree Rice Krispies Treats
Follow Cooking Classy
These Pretzel M&M Hugs are the perfect treats for Christmas gifts or parties. They only need 3 ingredients, they take no time at all to make, they look so pretty and festive and they're dangerously delicious!
- 70 square pretzels (do NOT use butter snaps)
- 70 Hershey's Hugs chocolates (from nearly 1 full 12 oz package), unwrapped
- 70 Milk Chocolate M&M's , I used the red and green Christmas package
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with a Silpat or parchment paper. Align pretzels on cookie sheet in a single layer then top each pretzel with one Hershey's Hug chocolate.
- Bake in preheated oven for 4 - 5 minutes, until the chocolate is shiny and soft (but NOT melting, the chocolates should still hold their shape).
Remove from oven and carefully place one M&M in the center of each soft Hug and press down on M&M to spread the chocolate.
- Place in freezer or refrigerator and allow to rest until chocolate has set, about 5 - 15 minutes. Store in an airtight container.