Flavour packed roasted zucchini, squash and tomatoes made with garlic, parmesan cheese and herbs. These sheet pan veggies are incredibly simple yet full of delicious flavor and make a great healthy, easy summer side dish to any meal.
Roasted Zucchini, Squash & Tomatoes
Oh summer, how I love you and all the fresh fruit and veggies you provide. During the summer I always have a generous stock of fruits and vegetables in my fridge then winter rolls around and that’s a different story.
It’s like that abundance of nutritious, vitamin packed fruits and veggies gets traded in for an abundance of cavity causing, non-diet-friendly holiday sweets, but I won’t complain there. I love my sweets. But I also love a sheet pan full of roasted zucchini, tomatoes and other yummy veggies!
Roasting Vegetables – Ingredients
I love what a good roasting and a fair amount of Parmesan can do for veggies. Turns drab and dull into fab and flavorful! Even my kids loved these veggies – including my one daughter who always says “hey could you get that green stuff off of there?”
Here’s a list of the simple ingredients I used to make these extra delicious veggies;
- Italian seasoning
- dried parsley
- salt and pepper
Try these veggies (+1 fruit if you want to get all technical – I still have a hard time accepting tomatoes as a fruit. Call it stubbornness I guess but they just don’t seem fruity enough to be labeled as such), this simple side dish will not disappoint!
Toppings For Roasted Zucchini & Other Veggies – Ideas To Try
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- homemade breadcrumbs
- herbs such as oregano, basil, parsley and thyme
- spices such as red pepper flakes, paprika, chili powder, cumin
- garlic and onion always add a lot of flavor
Other Veggies To Try
As well as roasted zucchini, squash and tomatoes there are plenty other veggies this recipe would work great with, here are some ideas;
- bell peppers
- all types of squash
- green beans
Other Vegetable Sides You Might Like;
- Sauteed Brussels Sprouts With Bacon And Onions
- Honey Roasted Carrots
- Garlic Herb Roasted Potatoes, Carrots And Green Beans
Follow Cooking Classy
Roasted Garlic-Parmesan Zucchini, Squash and Tomatoes
Flavor packed roasted zucchini, squash and tomatoes made with garlic, parmesan cheese and herbs. These sheet pan veggies are incredibly simple yet full of delicious flavor and make a great healthy, easy summer side dish to any meal.
- 2 small zucchini (1 lb), cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 2 small yellow squash (1 lb), cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 14 oz Flavorino or small Campari tomatoes , sliced into halves
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic , minced (1 1/2 Tbsp)
- 1 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup (2.4 oz) finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- Fresh or dried parsley , for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line an 18 by 13-inch rimmed baking sheet with a sheet of parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, garlic and Italian seasoning (if possible let rest 5 - 10 minutes to allow flavors to infuse into oil). Place zucchini, squash and tomatoes in a large mixing bowl. Pour olive oil mixture over top and gently toss with hands to evenly coat.
- Pour onto prepared baking dish and spread into an even layer. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle Parmesan over the top of each. Roast in preheated oven 25 - 30 minutes until veggies are tender and Parmesan is golden brown. Garnish with parsley if desired and serve warm.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy