Summer Harvest Salad is a delicious blend of sauteed zucchini, squash, and corn. Tossed with sweet tomatoes, tangy feta, bright lemon and fresh herbs. A healthy, tasty side dish!
A Great Way to Use Up Summer Produce!
Is it just me or is anyone else’s fridge/freezer overflowing with fruits and vegetables right now? Every summer I get a little carried away buying ridiculous amounts the fresh fruits and vegetables that are in season.
We are having a fresh fruit smoothie every single morning, then we snack on fruit and I try to pack in the veggies at lunch and dinner. In other words it’s our healthiest time of year.
And I am pretty excited that I officially grew a small garden this year and it actually worked…meaning I actually never forgot to water it!
My favorite part of the garden is probably all the of fresh basil that’s rising high right now and I’m getting excited to make a bunch of pesto to freeze for the winter. Pesto + pasta + chicken makes for one of the easiest most flavorful dinners!
It Includes 4 Summer Veggies!
This Summer Harvest Salad has 4 of the classic summer veggies (well 3 and 1 fruit if we want to get technical) – zucchini, squash, corn and tomatoes, and it’s a great way to try something a new with them!
I love the Italian/Mediterranean flare to it! Even though this salad requires some cooking (because does anyone really like raw squash) it’s still easy to prepare and it’s ready in no time.
Plus it’s nice to have a warm salad every now and then because most of salads are cold. And when there’s feta cheese in a salad you already know before making it that it’s going to be good right?
Well now you know what to do with all that summer squash sitting in your fridge waiting to be used up. I still have 9 more, guess I’ll be making this bright, fresh and flavorful salad again!
More Squash and Zucchini Recipes to Try!
- Summer Squash and Corn Chowder
- Roasted Garlic Parmesan Zucchini Squash and Tomatoes
- Lasagna Zucchini Boats
- One Pan Sausage Zucchini and Brown Rice
- Lemon Parmesan Chicken Zucchini and Squash
Follow Cooking Classy
Summer Harvest Salad
A delicious blend of sauteed zucchini, squash, and corn. Tossed with sweet tomatoes, tangy feta, bright lemon and fresh herbs.
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium zucchini, (1 lb) ends removed, remaining halved and sliced
- 1 medium yellow squash, (8 oz) ends removed, remaining quartered and sliced
- 2 1/2 cups fresh corn
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 10 oz grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil ribbons
- 4 oz feta, crumbled (about 1 cup)
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and saute until light golden and fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add in zucchini, squash and corn and season with salt and pepper to taste. Saute until just tender crisp, about 4 minutes (it will continue to cook slightly once removed from heat so don't overdo it).
- Remove from heat and toss in tomatoes and let cool slightly (then strain off juice at the bottom if there is any).
- Pour into a medium salad bowl and toss in lemon, parsley, basil and feta. Serve immediately.