Shrimp and Summer Veggie Foil Packs are so flavorful and so easy to make and they’re perfect for a weeknight dinner or your next summer cookout! They’re brimming with tender, juicy shrimp and vitamin packed veggies and it’s all deliciously seasoned.
The best part, is that everything is cooked together in individual foil packs so clean up couldn’t be easier!
This post is sponsored by Walmart however all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Shrimp Foil Pack Recipe
Every Summer I make shrimp foil packs of some sort. Two years ago it was Shrimp Boil Foil Packs. Then last year I made Garlic Lemon Butter Shrimp and Asparagus Foil Packs, and Cilantro Lime Shrimp and Cauliflower Rice Foil Packs. Now this year we are here loading all the veggies in with these Shrimp and Veggie Foil Packs!
Ingredients Needed for this Shrimp Recipe
- Fresh veggies including zucchini, squash, grape tomatoes, green bell pepper, red onion, fresh corn, garlic and parsley
- Spices including paprika, celery seed, thyme, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper
- Olive oil
- Lemon wedges
- You’ll also need heavy duty aluminum foil
How to Make Shrimp and Veggie Foil Packs
You’ll start by preheating your grill over medium-high heat (it should come to about 425). Meanwhile cut 8 sheets of foil into pieces measuring 12 by 15-inches.
Then, you’ll cut up the veggies (keep tomatoes whole) and peel the shrimp.
Want to see how easy this shrimp foil pack recipe is? Watch the video!
Add the shrimp and veggies to a large mixing bowl, then drizzle with olive oil. Next, sprinkle in garlic and spices (including salt and pepper). Then, toss everything together well.
Divide mixture among double lined foil sheets (lay each sheet per packet in the opposite direction). I like to lay the mixture out in a rectangular shape. Then, wrap packets sealing edges well.
Place on preheated grill. Grill about 12 – 14 minutes, turning once halfway through grilling, until shrimp have cooked through. Open carefully and serve warm, garnished with parsley and lemon wedges for spritzing.
Quality Produce is a Must
Everything I used in these foil packs I bought at Walmart. They have great quality foods and fresh, locally-grown produce that I can count on. I’ve shopped Walmart for a long time because they consistently have deliciously fresh fruit and vegetables that I love to cook with.
Also, I’m always stocking up on lots of fresh fruits and veggies. They’re a go-to snack for me and my kids. I love to make “fruit plates” where I just add a rainbow of colorful fruits on a plate. My kids polish them off in no time!
I love that Walmart sells a variety of locally grown produce, and they re-stock their produce at a least once a day, so I know it’s very fresh. And did you know if you aren’t 100% satisfied with the produce you purchased from Walmart they’ll give you a full refund? Sounds like they’re pretty confident in the produce they’re offering. It really is delicious and it made these Shrimp Packs amazingly tasty and hearty!
More Shrimp Recipes You Might Like
- Easy Garlic Lemon Butter Shrimp
- Teriyaki Shrimp and Asparagus
- Shrimp Fajitas
- Shrimp and Avocado Taco Salad
- Shrimp Boil Skillet
Follow Cooking Classy
Shrimp and Summer Veggie Foil Packs
- 1 small zucchini, ends trimmed, sliced into half moons (1 1/3 cups)
- 1 small yellow squash, ends trimmed, sliced into quarters (1 1/3 cups)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped into chunks and separated
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn
- 1 1/4 lbs. large (21/25) raw shrimp, peeled and deviened
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (1 Tbsp)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (or to taste, optional)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp minced parsley, for garnish (optional)
- 4 lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat a grill over medium-high heat to 425 degrees.
- Cut 8 sheets of 12 by 14-inch heavy duty aluminum foil. Use two sheets of foil per packet.
- To a large mixing bowl add zucchini, squash, tomatoes, bell pepper, red onion, corn and shrimp.
- Drizzle over olive oil then sprinkle over garlic, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, paprika, celery seed, thyme and cayenne pepper.
- Toss mixture well to evenly coat.
- Layer two sheets of foil per packet, with the first sheet of foil laying in opposite direction of the second. Divide mixture among double lined foil adding it to the center in a rectangular shape.
- Wrap up sides of first sheet of foil and roll edges several times to seal, then place second sheet going opposite length and wrap while rolling edges to seal.
- Grill until shrimp is cooked through, about 12 - 14 minutes, while filliping packets over to opposite side once halfway through grilling.
- Carefully open packets as steam will escape. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with lemon juice for spritzing.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy