Shrimp Foil Packs are quick to make yet the are brimming with bright fresh flavor. And to think I was once a shrimp hater.
It’s recipes like so (and these Shrimp Boil Foil Packets and these Shrimp and Couscous Foil Packets with Avocado Salsa) that finally made me change my ways. When it’s flavored right and cooked right and sign me up!
An Easy Foil Pack Recipe!
Let’s just put it this way, you neeeeed these Shrimp and Asparagus Foil Packs with Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce in your life! The flavors are spot on delicious and clean up couldn’t be easier!
The way the rich and tangy lemon butter sauce is the perfect compliment to shrimp, and the fresh asparagus too.
Want to see how easy this salmon recipe is? Watch the video!
How to Make Shrimp and Asparagus Foil Packs
- Preheat grill and cut sheets of foil.
- Divid shrimp and asparagus among foil packs, laying side by side.
- Add in white wine, garlic, and lemon zest then season with salt and pepper.
- Divide butter among packs.
- Wrap foil and seal edges.
- Grill, sealed side upward, until shrimp has cooked through, about 9 – 10 minutes.
- Carefully unwrap then drizzle with lemon juice and sprinkle with parsley.
Why Use “Medium Thick” Asparagus?
Big thick asparagus spears won’t be done by the time the shrimp is and thin asparagus may end overcooked and too soft, so for best results stick with medium thick spears.
Can I Bake These?
Of course you can bake these as well – which is perfect come winter or if you don’t own a grill. Cook at 425 degrees for 9 – 13 minutes.
What Should I Serve with These?
A good side dish for these is couscous, orzo or rice since you’ll have that delicious sauce with a little extra to go around. Or keep it lower carb and go with something like cauliflower rice. Just don’t be stingy with the garlic (as you’ll notice I went with 1 tsp per serving, it’s a key flavor here).
More Shrimp Recipes You’ll Love
Follow Cooking Classy
Shrimp and Asparagus are cooked together in individual foil packs in a rich buttery sauce. The bright lemon pairs perfectly here and the garlic adds so much flavor. Cook them on the grill or in the oven.
- 1 1/2 lbs large (21/25) shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 Tbsp dry white wine or chicken broth
- 4 tsp minced garlic (4 cloves)
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 Tbsp butter diced into small cubes
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lb medium thickness asparagus woody ends trimmed
Preheat a grill to medium-high heat (about 400 - 425 degrees).
- Cut 4 sheets of 14 by 12-inch heavy duty aluminum foil then lay each piece separately on countertop.
Divide shrimp among packs near center then place asparagus to one side of the shrimp (going the long direction of the foil).
Pour 1/2 Tbsp white wine over each. Sprinkle over garlic (1 tsp per packet) and lemon zest then season with salt and pepper.
- Divide butter pieces evenly among packets layering them over the shrimp and asparagus.
- Wrap packets in and crimp edges together then wrap ends up (don't wrap too tight - keep a little extra space inside for heat to circulate).
Grill, sealed side upward, until shrimp has cooked through, about 9 - 10 minutes.
- Carefully unwrap then drizzle with lemon juice (or just serve with lemon wedges for spritzing) and sprinkle with parsley.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy
- For baking in the oven: preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cook 9 - 13 minutes.