Honey Roasted Carrots are delicious pairing to just about any dinner any day of the week. These they’re a great way to get the kids to eat their veggies, that hint of honey does the trick. You can never have too many easy side dish recipes, right?
Roasted Carrots with Honey
These roasted carrots have the perfect naturally sweetened flavor and the roasting just brings a delicious depth to them.
To make them all you need to do is dice into pieces, drizzle with oil and roast, 30 – 40 minutes while tossing with a honey and vinegar mixture halfway through.
Then finish off with fresh herbs for one ore layer of flavor.
How Long do You Bake Carrots?
Normally I’d roast them just a bit longer than I did here but I was running out of daylight for pictures, but just do it according to your own personal preference, about 30 – 40 minutes.
Just keep in mind that thinner carrots will cook faster than the thicker ones so if you got a bag of the long thin carrots cut back the time as needed.
It may be tempting to leave of the fresh herbs but I do recommend trying it with them. They add the perfect amount of flavor while adding just the right amount of savory contrast to the sweetness..
Who says easy side dishes need to be boring? These honey roasted carrots are anything but! Try them, you’ll be hooked!
Roasting is most definitely one of the best ways, if not thee best way, to cook veggies in my opinion. They just don’t get any better!
More Vegetable Side Dish Recipes You Might Like
Follow Cooking Classy
Honey Roasted Carrots
- 3 lbs carrots , peeled and sliced on a bias to 1 1/2-inch long pieces (slice thicker portions into halves)*
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 1/2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place carrots in a mound on a 17 by 12-inch rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper and toss to evenly coat. Spread into an even layer. Roast in preheated oven 20 minutes then remove from oven. In a small bowl stir together honey and apple cider vinegar. Drizzle carrots with honey mixture and toss well to evenly coat. Return to oven and roast about 10 to 20 minutes longer. Remove from oven, toss again and sprinkle with fresh parsley and thyme. Serve warm.
- *Thicker carrots are preferred. If thin reduce roasting time as needed.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy