This Sparkling Raspberry Lemonade is bursting with fresh raspberry flavor. It’s mixed with sparkling water to make it extra refreshing during the warmer months. Friends and family will love this homemade lemonade recipe!
Fresh Raspberry Lemonade Recipe
Yes, it’s that time of year! Time to enjoy warm days outside, calm days at the sunlit beach, or just to relax in your backyard — lying in a hammock as you bask in the warmth of the sun on your skin, while enjoying long sips from of tall glass of this ice cold Sparkling Raspberry Lemonade.
There’s my ideal summer, now I just need that comfy hammock with an extra soft and plush pillow. But for now, at least I have this irresistibly refreshing fresh raspberry lemonade!
I’ve been loving lemonade lately (yes, I still have one more lemonade recipe to share). I love its balance of sweet and tart, and when you use fresh fruit it makes a world of difference. None of that bottled lemon juice that has been sitting on the shelf for months.
I keep thinking I need to do a lemonade stand with my kids, and I want to sell real deal lemonade like this — for those one or two kind people who actually stop (memories as a kid). Imagine their surprise when they think they are just being nice and they’re going to pretend to enjoy that glass of overly sweet Kool Aid, when suddenly they get something like this instead. Well worth the 50 cents!
Save this homemade lemonade recipe, because you need to try it at least once this summer while all those gorgeous, vibrantly flavored fresh raspberries are in season.
Sparkling Raspberry Lemonade Ingredients
- Fresh raspberries
- Fresh lemon juice
- Granulated sugar
- Sparkling water or club soda
- Fresh mint and ice, for serving
How to Make Lemonade From Scratch
- Puree raspberries in food processor until well pureed. Then force raspberries through mesh strainer to remove seeds.
- In a large pitcher, whisk together water and sugar until water is dissolved.
- Stir in honey and mix. Then add in the raspberry puree and lemon juice.
- Stir in the sparkling water, then add ice and mint leaves.
Do I Have to Add Sparkling Water?
No, if you don’t want to use sparkling water you can use cold tap water instead. The sparkling water doesn’t add flavor, just carbonation!
Can I Use Another Type of Berry in This Lemonade Recipe?
Definitely! Just keep in mind that you may have to adjust the amount of sweetener you add to this fresh lemonade. If you’re using a sweeter berry, like strawberries, you may need less sugar.
Do I Have to Strain the Raspberry Puree?
Yes, straining the raspberry puree is important since raspberries contain tiny seeds. If you don’t strain the puree, you’ll wind up with little chunks in the lemonade.
How Many Lemons Should I Buy?
To make 1 cup of fresh lemon juice, you’ll need about 6 medium lemons. I always buy 1 extra to be safe, though!
Tips for the Best Raspberry Lemonade
- Fresh lemons are a must when making homemade lemonade. The bottled juice doesn’t hold a candle to freshly squeezed lemons!
- If you’re making this fresh lemonade in advance, wait until you’re ready to serve to stir in the sparkling water. Otherwise it’ll lose its fizz before you can enjoy it.
- Garnish your lemonade with sliced lemons and mint leaves for a pretty presentation.
More Homemade Lemonade Recipes You’ll Love:
- Stevia Sweetened Strawberry Lemonade
- Watermelon Lemonade
- Pineapple Mango Lemonade
- Sparkling Honey Limeade
Sparkling Raspberry Lemonade
A refreshing bubbly summer drink. Made with fresh raspberries and lemons and sweetened with sugar and honey.
- 12 oz fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice , chilled
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 liter (33.8 oz) sparkling water or club soda, chilled
- Fresh mint and ice , for serving
Place raspberries in a food processor and pulse until well pureed. Force raspberry puree through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl.
In a large pitcher (if you don't have one large enough you may need two) whisk together water and sugar until sugar has dissolved. Pour in honey and mix until blended. Stir in raspberry mixture and lemon juice then pour in club soda and stir once. Serve with ice and fresh mint.
- If you're making this fresh lemonade in advance, wait until you're ready to serve to stir in the sparkling water. Otherwise it'll lose its fizz before you can enjoy it.
- Recipe source: adapted from Bon Appetit