Chipotle Lime Hummus – deliciously spicy, incredibly flavorful and seriously easy to make! A unique hummus recipe that will leave you craving more!
Chipotle Lime Hummus Recipe
Once you make hummus at home you’ll never want the store-bought stuff again!
It’s takes minutes to prepare and the flavor options are endless.
This Mexican version of hummus makes the perfect midday snack. Try it I think you’ll be hooked too!
This chipotle based hummus is fairly spicy, if you love spicy though you may want to add more of the adobo sauce and chilies (which I just kept adding over the top of my hummus because I love spicy, not everyone in my family does though. If you want it more mild just add less of the adobo and peppers).
Then if you want it pretty garlicky go with two cloves in this recipe.
What You’ll Need to Make Chipotle Lime Hummus
- Canned chick peas
- Olive oil
- Canned chipotle chilies and sauce
- Cumin, coriander and paprika
How to Make Chipotle Lime Hummus
- Add all ingredients to a Blendtec Twister jar or food processor.
- Pulse until well blended and nearly smooth (it won’t be lump free because of the chick pea skins).
More Hummus Recipes You’ll Love
- Avocado Hummus
- Classic Hummus
- Roasted Garlic Hummus
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- Sun Dried Tomato Basil Hummus
Follow Cooking Classy
Spicy Chipotle-Lime Hummus
Such a tasty fun way to make hummus! It's easy and incredibly flavorful. You'll love this tex-mex spin!
- 1 (15 oz) can chick peas, drained and liquid reserved
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp tahini
- 1 Tbsp adobo sauce from a can of chipotle chilies in adobo
- 1 - 2 garlic cloves, quartered
- 1 Tbsp minced chipotle chilies in adobo
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1 Tbsp chopped cilantro, for garnish
To a Blendtec Twister Jar (or food processor) add 3 Tbsp reserved liquid from chick pea can, lime juice, olive oil, tahini, adobo sauce (I added this later but I think it would be best added with the other liquids), and garlic.
Then add chick peas, chipotle chilies, cumin, coriander, paprika and salt. Cover with Twister lid (lid with paddles), then process (using Dips Cycle or on medium speed), while rotating lid counter clockwise, and adding an additional 1 Tbsp liquid as needed, until hummus is smooth.
Plate and top with more olive oil, adobo sauce and chipotle chilies if desired, then sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with pita chips, tortilla chips or veggies. Store in refrigerator in an airtight container.