A copycat Starbucks Pink Drink recipe – and it’s even better than the real deal! It’s made with chilled juice, creamy coconut milk, vibrant strawberries and it’s finished with a small mountain of sweetened whipped cream to make it over-the-top delicious!
The Best Pink Drink Recipe!
My kids latest obsession this year is Starbucks pink drink. And I love it too but not the price tag. So naturally I set out to make it at home, and after several different attempts we’ve come up with one we like even better!
It’s ready in minutes and truly one of the most refreshing things to enjoy on hot day.
You only need a handful of ingredients, and you’ll love that they are things you can always keep on hand for when those cravings strike.
Try this and you’ll see that it’s definitely a staple summer recipe that people of all ages will love!
Copycat Starbucks Pink Drink Recipe Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups berry juice, such as Juicy Juice Berry or Juicy Juice Strawberry Kiwi, chilled
- 1/2 cups cold water
- 2/3 cup canned coconut milk, room temperature or chilled
- 2 Tbsp sugar*
- 6 oz frozen strawberries (about 6 medium)
- 1 1/2 cups ice, for serving
- 3 fresh strawberries,** sliced, for garnish (optional)
Optional Whipped Topping Ingredients
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
How to Make a Pink Drink Recipe
- Make whipped topping if using: Pour heavy cream, sugar and vanilla into a medium mixing bowl or a 2 cup liquid measuring cup (if it’s wide enough for beater blades).
Using an electric hand mixer whip heavy cream on high speed until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Blend ingredients in blender: To a high speed blender add berry juice, coconut milk, cold water, frozen strawberries and sugar. Cover and blend until well strawberries are well pureed, about 30 seconds.
- Pour into glasses with ice: Divide ice among drinking glasses. Pour pink drink over ice. Spoon or pipe whipped topping over top if using and serve right away.
- Fresh strawberries will work in the blended drink portion. Just replace 1/2 cup water with 1 cup ice if using fresh.
- If you can’t find berry or a strawberry juice blend then you could use white grape juice.
- Try substituting some raspberries for the strawberries. Strain out the seeds before serving.
- I have tried this with coconut milk beverage (in a larger quantity since it’s diluted) and it’s not quite as good so if possible stick with canned coconut milk or even 1/3 cup canned coconut cream and 1/3 cup additional water.
- Honey could be used in place of the sugar. You can adjust the amount of sweetener (either sugar or honey) that is used to taste.
How Long Does it Keep?
- I’ve found this is best served shortly after making it.
- Though it does keep in the fridge for about 24 hours, stir well before serving.
More Fruity and Refreshing Drink Recipes to Try
Follow Cooking Classy
16 Quick & Easy 30 Minute Recipes! (plus weekly recipe updates)
Copycat Starbucks Pink Drink Recipe
For the whipped topping
- Pour heavy cream, sugar and vanilla into a medium mixing bowl or a 2 cup liquid measuring cup (if it's wide enough for beater blades).
- Using an electric hand mixer whip heavy cream on high speed until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
For the pink drink
- To a high speed blender add berry juice, coconut milk, cold water, frozen strawberries and sugar. Cover and blend until well strawberries are well pureed, about 30 seconds.
- Divide ice and sliced strawberries if using among drinking glasses. Pour pink drink over ice. Spoon or pipe whipped topping over top if using and serve right away.
- *Depending on the sweetness of the strawberries you may want to adjust the sugar. You can use from 1 to 3 Tbsp sugar. Honey would work as well.
- **If you really want this to shine with strawberry flavor I love to add 1/2 tsp of this natural strawberry flavor.
- **A handful of freeze dried strawberries will work for garnish as well in place of the fresh (if you went with frozen strawberries this would be a good option because they store longer than fresh).
- If you opt not to use the heavy cream topping it will reduce calories by about 150 per serving.
- You can also use extra cream if you want a generous amount of topping. Go for 3/4 cup heavy cream, 1 1/2 Tbsp sugar, and 1/4 tsp vanilla.