Vanilla Bean Cupcakes with a decadent Vanilla Bean Buttercream Frosting! This is a decadent duo and we’re doubling up on the vanilla bean because why not? With these cupcakes you get a soft, moist crumb and a sweet irresistible flavor that everyone will fall in love with!
Cupcakes with a Simple Elegant Decoration
What do you do with mini roses that are on the brink of dying? Use them to decorate cupcakes of course! These Vanilla Bean Cupcakes with Vanilla Bean Buttercream Frosting are an elegant cupcakes so they need some pretty decorations right?
Really they’re perfect just decorated with gold or white sprinkles or even no sprinkles because the little vanilla bean flecks add their own flare.
What matters most here is the deliciously divine taste of these Vanilla Bean Cupcakes!
These cupcakes use use 2 vanilla beans (between the cupcakes and frosting) plus 1 1/2 tsp vanilla so they have a not-to-be-questioned real vanilla flavor that will have everyone swooning! This is how you do cupcakes.
The Buttercream Frosting is to Die for!
That buttercream frosting though! It’s perfectly sweet and fluffy with just the right amount of butter and cream. Anyone have a spoon??
The cupcakes are perfectly soft and moist (boo to dry cupcakes) and they have just the right amount of fluff. Y
ou’ll love every last dreamy little (or big) bite!
I used both cake flour and all-purpose flour because I love the texture the two together give cakes and cupcakes. Plus, the addition of cake flour allows for more fats and liquids to be added without the cupcake sinking in the middle.
Cupcakes fit for Any Occasion
These cupcakes are perfect for any occasion or for just a weekend treat yourself, you’ve earned it kind of thing. Weekends were made for baking right?
I love to bake, especially when the end result is this good! What’s not to love here? Sweet cupcakes. Rich buttercream. Vanilla beans. And flowers. The good things in life.
More Cupcake Recipes You’ll Love!
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- Neapolitan Cupcakes
- Funfetti Cupcakes
- Strawberry Cupcakes
- Pineapple Upside Down Cupcakes
Follow Cooking Classy
Vanilla Bean Cupcakes with Vanilla Bean Buttercream Frosting
- 3/4 cup (107g) all-purpose flour*
- 3/4 cup (98g) cake flour*
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (heaping) salt
- 1/2 cup (113g) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp (180g) granulated sugar
- Seeds of 1 vanilla bean
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup (scant) (145ml) milk (anything but skim)**
Vanilla Bean Buttercream Frosting
- 3/4 cup (170g) butter, nearly at room temperature (preferably 1/2 cup unsalted and 1/4 cup salted)
- Seeds of 1 vanilla bean
- 3 cups (380g) powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- For the cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- Whisk and sift dry ingredients: Sift all-purpose flour and cake flour into a medium mixing bowl. Add baking powder and salt and whisk 20 seconds, set aside.
- Cream together mixture: In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment that constantly scrapes bowl, cream together butter, granulated sugar and seeds of 1 vanilla bean until mixture is pale and fluffy. Mix in egg, then mix in egg whites one at a time. Blend in vanilla extract.
- Mix in dry ingredients alternating with milk: With mixer set on low speed add flour in three additions alternating with 1/2 of the milk in two addditions.
- Fold batter and divide among cups: Remove bowl from stand mixer and scrape bowl and gently fold batter with a spatula to ensure everything is evenly combined. Divide batter among paper lined muffin cups filling each cup 2/3 full.
- Bake until set: Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 17 - 20 minutes.
- Cool completely: Remove from oven, transfer cupcakes to a wire rack to cool (after about 5 - 10 minutes of cooling I like to transfer my cupcakes to an airtight container to finish cooling so they don't dry). Once cool frost with Vanilla Bean Buttercream Frosting. Store cupcakes in an airtight container.
- For the frosting: In the bowl of an electric stand mixer cream together butter and seeds of one vanilla bean until butter is fluffy. Add in powdered sugar, cream and vanilla and whip until frosting is light and fluffy***.
- Preferably use a kitchen scale to measure flour. If you don't own a kitchen scale, to measure flour scoop from package or container using a measuring cup and level top with a butter knife.
- Just measure 2/3 cup milk and remove 1 Tbsp.
- Thin with a little cream if needed or thicken with a little powered sugar if needed.