After posting banana bread pancakes the other day I realized I haven’t even posted the sides I always serve with my breakfast entrees. Well it’s about time I do. Most often I serve the the entree with a side of these scrambled eggs and breakfast potatoes, then on special occasions with bacon.
This is one of those recipes I had to actually had to sit down and measure out what I put in it because it’s always been a little of this and a dash of that. I believe one of the most important factors to perfect, fluffy scrambled eggs it stirring/folding them constantly. Every cook has their opinion on what temperature they should be cooked at, some say low and slow and other say high and quick. In my opinion medium – high is perfect.
The seasoning used for these is one I’ve been using a lot lately, most often in breakfast dishes. I think I would say it’s slightly Italian. It compliments eggs perfectly. You can use the remaining seasoning for burgers or chicken. It’s a quick, simple way to add delicious flavor. Enjoy!
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk*
- 1/2 Tbsp butter
- 2 oz grated Cheddar or Monterrey Jack cheese (I use 1 oz of each)
- 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp herb seasoning, recipe follows or salt and pepper to taste
- Diced ham
- Fresh salsa (reduce amount of milk if adding this)
- Sliced mushrooms
- Diced tomatoes
- Diced avocados
- Crumbled bacon
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper (call it your workout for the day)
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp dried basil
- 1/8 tsp dried thyme
- Preheat a 10" non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Crack eggs into a blender, add in milk (cover with lid) and blend mixture on low speed for 10 seconds. Melt butter in saucepan by spreading it along bottom and edges of skillet. Once butter has lightly begun to bubble, pour blended egg mixture into pan and immediately sprinkle with cheeses and seasoning. Stir eggs CONSTANTLY (a key to perfect eggs) with a spatula, making sure to scrape along the surface of the pan to prevent bottom from browning and a skin from forming. Cook eggs for 3-4 minutes to desired wetness/dryness of eggs (note: they will continue to cook slightly once removed). Remove from heat and serve immediately.
- Whisk together all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Store in an airtight container for up to several months. This seasoning is also great for burgers, chicken, twice baked potatoes and breakfast potatoes.
*sometimes I like to do 1/4 cup milk and 1/4 cup buttermilk