This has got to be the healthiest dinner I’ve ever eaten no doubt. I mean this is a salad without cheese that is actually amazingly delicious! It just a big bowl of incredibly fresh ingredients all tossed together and covered with a creamy Greek Yogurt Cilantro Lime Dressing and optional baked tortilla chips. So, what’s not to love? Not to mention it’s so easy to make, its mostly just a bunch of chopping really. Which is why today I’ve reached out to WÜSTHOF to partner with them to offer you the chance to win a set of your own top of the line cutlery!! With a salad like this your cutlery can make such a big difference.
This knives are truly legit, not to mention they make prep so much more efficient because you wouldn’t believe how they cut through ingredients with such ease and precision. When it comes to cutlery WÜSTHOF is what you want to own, they have set such a high quality standard. They sent me this same set I’m giving away to review and I couldn’t be more impressed! Working in the kitchen just got a whole lot easier! I love that WÜSTHOF products are guaranteed to be free of defects in materials and craftsmanship and they offer free knife sharpening for $3 per knife. Does it get any better? I mean yes you can go buy another set of knives that is half the price, but we all know it’s likely you are going to be replacing those knives in a number of years. Others can just be so poorly made. So to me, it’s not worth it. You can take a look for yourself at all the various options WÜSTHOF offers (and they aren’t just limited to cutlery), just take a look here.
DON’T FORGET TO ENTER THE GIVEAWAY BELOW FOR YOUR CHANCE TO WIN A SET OF YOUR OWN!! THIS SET PICTURED IS WHAT THE LUCKY WINNER WILL GET (A $450 VALUE!!)! This set specifically includes the top five most versatile kitchen tools that every home cook should own. It comes with a gorgeous wooden storage block, a 3.5″ paring knife, a 4.5″ utility knife, a 6″ chef’s knife and a pair of kitchen shears. Each knife features the ergonomic Classic Ikon handle and sharp, forged WÜSTHOF blade. Every blade is made from a single piece of sturdy high-carbon steel that resists stains and corrosion. These things are built to stand the test of time.
- 1 head romain lettuce, chopped
- 2 ears corn (raw), kernels cut from cob
- 4 mini (or 1 large) orange peppers, diced
- 4 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 avocados (ripe but still slightly firm), diced
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- Tortilla strips, optional (recipe here
- 1 cup Plain Greek Yogurt (I used whole)
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise (I used full fat)
- 6 Tbsp milk (more or less as desired)
- 1/2 cup packed cilantro, very finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 2 - 3 pinches cayenne pepper
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- Toss all salad ingredients together in a bowl (I actually layered the lettuce on bottom first then other ingredients tossed together after that, either way it doesn't matter). Plate salad, then top with tortilla strips and Cilantro Lime Ranch.
- For the Greek Yogurt Cilantro Lime Ranch:
- Add all dressing ingredients to a mixing bowl then whisk until combined, add more milk/lime juice if desired for a thinner consistency. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator.
- Recipe Source: salad portion adapted slightly from The Cafe Sucre Farine, dressing - Cooking Classy
a Rafflecopter giveaway
How could this salad not be good with ingredients like these?
This giveaway is sponsored by WÜSTHOF, but all thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you WUSTHOF for partnering with me!