This Avocado Ranch Dressing is a healthier take on the classic salad dressing. It’s ultra creamy thanks to the addition of Greek yogurt, and the fresh dill and chives add so much flavor! Perfect as a dip, atop salads, and more!
Easy Avocado Ranch Dressing
I made this avocado ranch dressing to go with a Mexican Grilled Salmon Salad, but why not use it for all your favorite salads? It’s deliciously creamy, healthy and totally delicious!
For a cilantro-lime version, swap out all of the herbs listed for 1/3 cup cilantro (no need to chop first. I just chopped those listed in this recipe for easier measuring) and 2 green onions, chopped into thirds.
This avocado lime ranch dressing is the perfect combination of fresh and creamy, and the lime adds a subtle tanginess to it that’s impossible to beat. Easy homemade salad dressing at its finest!
Avocado Ranch Dressing Ingredients
For this healthy Greek yogurt dressing, you’ll need:
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Fresh lime juice
- Fresh parsley, dill and chives
- Onion powder
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Ranch Dressing
- Add all ingredients (except the milk) into a food processor.
- Pulse until creamy and combined.
- Add milk to thin homemade ranch dressing, as needed.
Can I Use Dried Herbs for This Ranch Dressing?
I wouldn’t recommend it, as dried herbs won’t blend up as easily as fresh herbs. The fresh herbs also add tons of flavor to this avocado ranch dressing, and I don’t think you’d get the same results using dried herbs.
Can I Use Regular Yogurt Instead of Greek?
Most likely, yes. I love making this a Greek yogurt dressing since it turns out thicker. But in a pinch, I bet plain regular yogurt would create a similar dressing (it may be a little thinner, though).
How Long Will This Dressing Last?
This avocado ranch dressing likely won’t last more than a couple days in the fridge. Keep it in an airtight container so it stays fresher for longer!
Tips for the Best Ranch Dressing
- Use fresh herbs to brighten the flavor of this avocado ranch dressing. You can play around with the kind of herbs you use too!
- Use plain, non-fat yogurt — it makes the dressing tangier.
- Add milk a tablespoon at a time so that you don’t make the homemade ranch dressing too thin.
More Homemade Salad Dressings You’ll Love:
- Homemade Caesar Salad Dressing
- Orange Poppyseed Dressing
- Greek Lemon Dressing
- Creamy Italian Dressing
- Warm Bacon Dressing
- Honey Balsamic Dressing
Follow Cooking Classy
A deliciously flavorful and creamy avocado ranch dressing. Made with Greek yogurt and avocado instead of fat and calorie-heavy mayonnaise.
- 1 cup plain fat free or low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 medium avocado , peeled and cored
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley (or 2 tsp dried)
- 1 - 2 tsp chopped fresh dill , to taste (or 1/2 tsp dried)
- 2 tsp chopped fresh chives (or 3/4 tsp dried)
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- Up to 6 Tbsp milk , as needed (for a slightly richer dressing sub 2 Tbsp olive oil for some of the milk)
Add all dressing ingredients except for milk to a food processor. Pulse until well blended.
Add in milk 1 Tbsp at a time to reach desired thickness. Store in refrigerator in an airtight container.
- Add milk a tablespoon at a time so that you don't make these homemade ranch dressing to thin.