This Mexican Chopped Salad is loaded with fresh vegetables and is drizzled with an irresistible Greek yogurt ranch dressing! Add cubed grilled chicken for a heartier dish, or enjoy as is topped with tortilla strips!
Healthy Mexican Chopped Salad
This has got to be the healthiest dinner I’ve ever eaten. I mean, this is a chopped salad recipe without cheese that is actually amazingly delicious!
It just a big bowl of incredibly fresh ingredients all tossed together and covered with a creamy Greek Yogurt Cilantro Lime Dressing and optional baked tortilla chips. So, what’s not to love?
Not to mention it’s so easy to make — it’s mostly just a bunch of chopping really. Which is why today I’ve reached out to WÜSTHOF to partner with them to offer you the chance to win a set of your own top of the line cutlery! With a salad like this, your cutlery can make such a big difference.
Note: This giveaway is now closed.
These knives are truly legit, not to mention they make prep so much more efficient because you wouldn’t believe how they cut through ingredients with such ease and precision. When it comes to cutlery, WÜSTHOF is what you want to own, they have set such a high quality standard.
They sent me this same set I’m giving away to review and I couldn’t be more impressed! Working in the kitchen just got a whole lot easier! I love that WÜSTHOF products are guaranteed to be free of defects in materials and craftsmanship and they offer free knife sharpening for $3 per knife. Does it get any better?
You can take a look for yourself at all the various options WÜSTHOF offers (and they aren’t just limited to cutlery), just take a look here.
This set specifically includes the top five most versatile kitchen tools that every home cook should own. It comes with a gorgeous wooden storage block, a 3.5″ paring knife, a 4.5″ utility knife, a 6″ chef’s knife and a pair of kitchen shears.
Each knife features the ergonomic Classic Ikon handle and sharp, forged WÜSTHOF blade. Every blade is made from a single piece of sturdy high-carbon steel that resists stains and corrosion. These things are built to stand the test of time.
Mexican Chopped Salad Ingredients
For this easy Mexican salad recipe, you’ll need:
- Romaine lettuce
- Corn on the cob
- Mini orange peppers
- Roma tomatoes
- Red onion
- Black beans
- Tortilla strips
And for the Mexican salad dressing, you’ll need:
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Spices (onion powder, cumin, cayenne, salt, and pepper)
- Lime juice
How to Make Mexican Chopped Salad
- Prep the ingredients (dice the onion, cube the avocado, etc).
- Toss all the Mexican salad ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Combine the ingredients for the cilantro lime ranch dressing in a separate bowl.
- Plate the chopped salad and top with tortilla strips. Drizzle with Greek yogurt ranch dressing and serve.
Can I Add Chicken to This Salad?
Absolutely! Cubed grilled chicken would be a great addition to this chopped salad recipe.
Does This Salad Keep Well as Leftovers?
Yes, but only if you store the Greek yogurt ranch dressing, tortilla strips, and Mexican chopped salad separately. If you combine the salad and dressing before storing it in the fridge, it’ll become soggy.
Tips for the Best Chopped Salad
- The key to a great chopped salad is to dice all the ingredients into bite-sized pieces. You don’t want the veggies to be too large!
- If you’re making this salad for guests, prep the individual ingredients ahead of time and toss everything together just before serving.
- Wait to drizzle on the salad dressing until you’re ready to serve this salad.
More Healthy Mexican Recipes:
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Shrimp Fajitas
- Taco Soup
- Grilled Chicken and Avocado Street Tacos
- Mexican Honey-Lime Chicken Skillet
Follow Cooking Classy
Mexican Chopped Salad with Greek Yogurt Cilantro Lime Ranch
A healthy, colorful, perfectly delicious chopped salad that's packed with vegetables and fresh Mexican flavors!
- 1 head romaine lettuce , chopped
- 2 ears corn (raw), kernels cut from cob
- 4 mini orange peppers (or 1 large) , diced
- 4 roma tomatoes , diced
- 1 cucumber , peeled and diced
- 1/2 medium red onion , chopped
- 2 avocados (ripe but still slightly firm), diced
- 1 can black beans , drained and rinsed
- Tortilla strips , optional (recipe here
Lime Cilantro Dressing
- 1 cup Plain Greek Yogurt (I used whole)
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise (I used full fat)
- 6 Tbsp milk (more or less as desired)
- 1/2 cup packed cilantro , very finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 2 - 3 pinches cayenne pepper
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
Make the salad: Toss all salad ingredients together in a bowl.
Make the Greek Yogurt Cilantro Lime Ranch: Add all dressing ingredients to a mixing bowl then whisk until combined, add more milk/lime juice if desired for a thinner consistency. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator.
Plate salad, then top with tortilla strips and Cilantro Lime Ranch.
- Wait to drizzle on the salad dressing until you're ready to serve this salad.
- Recipe Source: Salad portion adapted slightly from The Cafe Sucre Farine, dressing by Cooking Classy
This giveaway is sponsored by WÜSTHOF, but all thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you WUSTHOF for partnering with me!