There’s no question about it it is officially soup season and I couldn’t be happier about that! Soup recipes posted on my blog have been ranking in my top ten most viewed recipes for about the last 2 months nearly every day. I think that says something, we are all obsessed with soup right now. Yay, it’s not just me :)! And not only that but the slow cooker soups are my most popular. This soup is another one you are most definitely going to want to add to your dinner menu rotation. It’s unbelievably easy to prepare, we are talking 15 minutes prep (if that), and it’s incredibly delicious!
Also, I have some exciting news! I’ve been wanting to launch my own online kitchen shop for years and with the help of my dedicated husband and a few friends I finally have!!! I would love you guys to check it out (HERE)! A few of my favorites are the vanilla beans (duh!) and the herb savor (I’d gotten so tired of throwing out herbs so quickly and have finally found a solution). We searched for the highest quality vanilla beans and want to sell them at the best price. They are Grade A Gold Vanilla Beans (also certified organic and gluten-free) and trust me you’ll have a very hard time finding anything better! They are so plump and you will definitely be getting your moneys worth! There aren’t a lot of products yet, as it hopefully grows then I will continue to add more products all the time. I’d love your support so please check it out and see if there’s anything you’d like! No pressure though :). I value your readership so much and never want to push anything on you, I only want to share the products I like with you.
I made this soup, multiplied by three, to serve to family I had staying last week over the holiday. It was the night before Thanksgiving and that morning I knew I needed something quick and easy to serve everyone because I was starting the Thanksgiving cooking that day. I’m happy to say everyone loved it, of course myself included!
This is an adaption of an old recipe I have posted on here, I just changed it up a bit and added more fillers. This is one incredibly hearty, feel good soup. If you opt to leave out the cheese, sour cream and chips you’d also have one amazingly healthy dinner (but doesn’t that just sound crazy to leave out all the good stuff?).
I’m pretty sure I will be making this soup at least once every other week during this cold season and I have the feeling you’ll want to too!
- 2 1/2 (14.5 oz) cans low-sodium chicken broth (4 1/2 cups)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed through a garlic crusher
- 2 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (14.5 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Tortilla strips or tortilla chips
- Shredded cheddar or monterey jack cheese
- Diced avocado, diced roma tomatoes, sour cream (optional)
- Pour chicken broth and diced tomatoes into a slow cooker. Add onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, coriander and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add chicken breasts then cover with lid and cook on LOW heat 6 hours, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken and shred, then return to slow cooker along with black beans, corn, cilantro and lime juice, stir. Allow to cook until heated through.
- Serve warm with tortilla strips and cheese and other optional ingredients.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy