Hey everyone! You can now follow me on Instagram (follow link here). I’m a little behind but I’d love you to follow!!
Here’s how I want to get part of my veggie intake for the day! It’s like guacamole and hummus in one, and it is the smoothest and creamiest hummus I’ve ever had. My whole family loved this, kids included (and that’s saying something, I hated hummus when I was a kid). This can be made in under 10 minutes and it makes for the perfect midday snack. If you make it to take to a party, you likely will be coming home without a drop left. I seriously could not stop eating it and I didn’t have to feel guilty about it since it’s a healthy dip . This definitely beats having potato chips dipped in a mayo loaded ranch dip for an afternoon snack, or that candy bar we like to reach for when we think we are too hungry to wait for dinner. You might just find yourself craving this just as much as guacamole and tortilla chips.
If you’d like the avocado flavor to shine through more you can reduce the tahini slightly but if you want it to have more of a traditional hummus flavor leave it as it is. I did add the cilantro to mine, I just left it off for the pictures so you could see what the hummus looked like better (just in case you were wondering).
- 1 (15 oz) can chick peas, well drained
- 2 medium ripe avocados, cored and peeled (13 oz before cored and peeled)
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, plus more for serving if desired
- 1 1/2 Tbsp tahini
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- 1 - 2 Tbsp finely chopped cilantro leaves, for topping
- Red pepper flakes, for topping
- Pulse chick peas, olive oil, tahini, lime juice, and garlic in a food processor until smooth, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste (I did a scant 1/2 tsp salt and about 1/8 tsp pepper), add cumin and avocados and pulse mixture until smooth and creamy, about 1 - 2 minutes longer.
- Serve topped with more olive oil if desired and sprinkle with cilantro and red pepper flakes. Serve with pita chips or tortilla chips.
- Recipe Source: Cooking Classy