Welcome to one of my new absolute favorite healthy smoothies! This Banana Almond Flax Smoothie is like dessert for breakfast and I just can’t get enough of it! Once you try this smoothie you’re going to have to keep an extra stock of frozen bananas on hand at all times, it’s definitely a smoothie you’ll want to make regularly. And the good news is that it’s packed with good for you ingredients. It’s made with almond butter, bananas, ground flax seeds, unsweetened almond milk, plain Greek yogurt, honey and just a few drops of almond extract which takes this smoothie for ordinary to extraordinary! I love when I can find something healthy like this that my whole family loves, kids included. I also love that it’s made with ingredients I always have on hand. One of the most convenient and delicious smoothies – what’s not to love here?
Make this soon! I’m almost certain that like me, you’re going to be hooked too. It’s so good you’ll dream about this smoothie! And like any other smoothie it only takes a few minutes to make so it’s a no brainer that you need to try it! (Note that this is double the recipe in the photos. Ahh and those almond butter swirls, whose ready to dive?).
- 1 medium well ripened banana, peeled diced into pieces, frozen
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp creamy almond butter
- 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 - 3 drops almond extract (pour into extract lid first then drop in blender so you don't add too much)
- 4 ice cubes (optional)
- To a blender add banana, almond milk, Greek yogurt, almond butter, ground flaxseed, honey and almond extract. Blend until combined then add ice if desired and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
- Recipe source: adapted from New York Times