A shake for breakfast? Why not when it’s healthy, right? This consists of six basic ingredients ingredients you likely always keep on hand and it can be ready in no time. Chocolate for breakfast, count me in!
How could this not be good though? It has three of the best flavors, banana, peanut butter and chocolate all together in one decadent morning treat.
Note that the sweetness of this smoothie comes from the ripeness of the bananas so be sure to use some that are well ripened. If you still would like it a little bit sweeter you could add in a little honey or cut back a touch on the cocoa powder.
This is one creamy, protein rich smoothie you are going to love!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Shake
- 2 large overripe bananas , peeled, sliced and frozen*
- 1 cup original almond milk (or more to thin as desired)
- 3/4 cup ice
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients to a blender a process until well pureed. Serve immediately.
- *The overripe bananas will add the sweetness for the smoothie so use some that have a generous amount of speckles, don't use black bananas though those are just gross.
- Recipe source: adapted from Detoxonista