You know how I love my easy dinner recipes, especially when they turn out to be something my whole family loves! This is definitely one to add to your recipe book. Even though these chicken fajitas aren’t seared in flaming hot cast iron pan they are still packed with flavor and will leave you craving more! I love that this makes a big batch and this will now be the way I make fajitas from here on out. Even my kids couldn’t stop talking about how good these were and they don’t normally care for fajitas.
Another thing I really love about this recipe is the fact that it’s all baked together in one sheet pan – of course meaning clean up is a breeze! You don’t even need a mixing bowl to toss everything together, you simply place the chicken and veggies on the sheet pan, sprinkle it with a fair amount of this DIY fajita seasoning, then you drizzle it with olive oil and give it a good tossing. Throw it in the oven and boda bing boda boom! This is how dinner is done! Try these incredibly delicious Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas this week, you likely won’t find a single piece leftover in the pan by the time dinner is done! In other words, I have the feeling your family will really love these too!
- 2 tsp chili powder (preferrably 1 tsp ancho chili powder 1 tsp regular)
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into 1/2-inch thick strips (slice extra wide strips in half)
- 1 of each red, green and yellow bell peppers, cored and sliced into strips (3 whole total)
- 1 medium yellow onion, halved and sliced from top to root
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 8 taco size flour tortillas
- Sour cream, avocado slices or guacamole, diced tomatoes, Mexican cheese blend (toppings are optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray an 17 by 12-inch rimmed baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- For the seasoning:
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together chili powders, cumin, paprika, coriander, 1 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper, set aside.
- For the fajitas filling:
- Spread bell peppers and yellow onion onto baking sheet. Top with chicken strips then sprinkle garlic and seasoning evenly over chicken strips. Drizzle olive oil over top then toss everything to evenly coat. Spread into an even layer working to keep chicken from overlapping. Roast in preheated oven, tossing once halfway through cooking, until veggies are tender and chicken has cooked through, about 18 - 25 minutes (test a few of the larger pieces to make sure they are 165 in the center, careful not to over-bake it or the chicken may be dry). Wrap tortillas tightly in foil and warm in oven during last 5 minutes of fajita filling cooking.
- Drizzle lime juice evenly over top of the chicken fajita filling, sprinkle with cilantro and more salt to taste and toss to coat. Serve filling warm in warm tortillas with desired toppings.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy, inspired by my Slow Cooker Fajitas