Bacon Tomato and Spinach Spaghetti, it’s like a fresh blt in spaghetti form! Plus it’s creamy, and hearty, and it’s 100% satisfying. This is a dish you don’t wan to pass by!
BLT Spaghetti Recipe
This spaghetti is basically a dressed up pasta carbonara. And yes I like it even better than the regular version!
With that said though, be sure to follow the basic rules of carbonara. As in have the egg/cheese mixture ready before cooking the pasta.
Temper the egg mixture with that starchy hot pasta water. And I’m referring to temper as in slowly whisk in the hot water and start to bring up the eggs temperature and give them a head start before adding to the hot pasta.
And add it immediately to the drained hot pasta so it will start to cook the eggs and thicken.
And don’t use a high heat once you return it to the burner crank it down to medium-low, and stir CONSTANTLY – otherwise you’ll have scrambled egg spaghetti.
Ingredients You’ll Need for This Recipe
- Dry spaghetti
- Heavy cream
- Salt and pepper
- Yellow onion
- Grape tomatoes
How to Make Bacon Tomato and Spinach Spaghetti
- Cook pasta in boiling water. Reserve 1/2 cup water.
- Whisk eggs with pepper until well blended. Mix in cream and parmesan.
- Cook bacon until crisp. Transfer and leave 2 Tbsp drippings in skillet.
- Saute onions in drippings. Add in tomatoes and garlic and saute. Add spinach and let wilt.
- While whisking slowly pour 1/2 cup of the hot pasta into egg mixture.
- Return drained spaghetti to empty pot along with egg mixture.
- Cook and toss constantly until sauce begins to thicken slightly.
- Add tomato mixture and bacon to pot and warm.
- Season with salt to taste and toss in half of the basil.
- Serve warm sprinkled with remaining basil and with more parmesan.
Tips for This Spaghetti Recipe
- If you want to add more protein to this delicious spaghetti dinner, feel free to add in some grilled chicken. Or rotisserie chicken for a shortcut version.
- Then maybe even try substituting spinach with blanched asparagus, that would also be so good!
- But whatever you do don’t be skimpy on the bacon. This dish is alllll about that bacon.
More Bacon Recipes You Might Like
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Potato Salad
- Bean and Bacon Soup
- Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad with Bacon and Cheddar
Bacon Tomato and Spinach Spaghetti
A creamy, hearty spaghetti dish that's sure to satisfy. Loaded with plenty of bacon, spinach and tomatoes to create a delicious flavor combination that will leave you craving more!
- 10 oz. dry spaghetti
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup slighlty packed finely shredded parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 oz. bacon, diced
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion (1 small)
- 1 lb (3 cups) grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic (3 cloves)
- 6 oz. baby spinach, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup torn fresh basil leaves
Bring large pot of salted water to a boil (for cooking spaghetti).
In a small mixing bowl whisk eggs and 1 tsp pepper until eggs are well blended. Whisk in heavy cream and parmesan cheese, set aside.
Cook bacon in a large 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until just crisp, about 5 - 7 minutes. Transfer bacon to a plate lined with paper towels while leaving about 2 Tbsp rendered bacon drippings in skillet.
Add onions to drippings and saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Add in tomatoes and garlic and saute 1 minute longer. Then add spinach cover and cook, tossing occasionally, until it just starts to wilt, about 2 minutes longer (if it doesn't wilt entirely that's okay, it will continue to wilt when added to the spaghetti).
Meanwhile, cook spaghetti in boiling water just to al dente according to directions on package. Before draining spaghetti reserve 1/2 cup hot pasta water (and as soon as the spaghetti is finished have egg mixture ready as you'll want to add it to the hot pasta to help cook the eggs).
While whisking slowly pour 1/2 cup of the hot pasta into egg mixture. Return drained spaghetti to now empty pot set over medium-low heat. Add egg mixture and cook and toss constantly until sauce begins to thicken slightly, about 1 minute.
Add tomato mixture and bacon to pot with spaghetti and continue to cook and toss constantly until sauce coats the spaghetti, about 1 minute longer. Season with salt to taste and toss in half of the basil.
Serve warm sprinkled with remaining basil and with more parmesan.
Recipe source: inspired by Food Network