Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad will quickly become a staple recipe! It’s always a crowd favorite, who knew people could love broccoli so much? It’s easy to make and perfectly refreshing on a warm summer day.
A Must Try Broccoli Salad!
Broccoli never tasted so good! Raw broccoli can be totally boring but when you toss it into a salad with cheese and bacon incredible things just happen!
This one of the ultimate cookout or potluck side dish recipes. Any time of year people will be requesting this salad!
Want to see how easy this broccoli salad recipe is? Watch the video!
With Creamy Salad Dressing
I’m a huge fan of coleslaw dressing type salads so I’ve always loved a good, classic Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad…but I’ve never liked the fact that most recipes out there call for 1 cup of full-fat mayonnaise!
I mean I didn’t create this version to be low calorie but I just never feel like 1 cup of mayonnaise is necessary on anything. I swapped out a lot of that mayo for fat-free Greek yogurt and went with light mayonnaise instead.
If you are looking to cut more calories you can cut back to 4 slices of bacon and reduce the amount of cheese a little and omit the sugar and you’ll still have a delicious salad!
How to Make this Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the dressing ingredients (if you like to multi-task do it while the bacon is cooking).
- Then sauté the bacon in a skillet until browned and crisp. Don’t forget to toss it occasionally.
- Add the remaining salad ingredients (broccoli, cauliflower, red onion, cheddar) and cooled bacon to a salad bowl.
- Pour that creamy delicious dressing over the top and toss to evenly coat. Easy as that!
How do you get your kids to eat broccoli without a million and one complaints?? The question on every parents mind. Try serving this salad, you’d be surprised they’ll probably love it :).
Serve it along with pulled pork or pulled chicken sandwiches for a meal the everyone will love!
More Side Dish Recipes You Might Like
Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad
Broccoli never tasted so good! Raw broccoli can be totally boring but when you toss it into a salad with cheese and bacon and cover it with a creamy dressing incredible things just happen!
- 3/4 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt , or more to taste
- 4 cups small diced broccoli florets
- 4 cups small diced cauliflower florets
- 8 oz bacon (about 8 slices), diced and sauteed until crisp and drained
- 1 1/4 cups small cubed Colby Jack cheese (6 oz)
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion , rinsed under water and drained (if it's a mild one you can add a little more)
In a medium mixing bowl whisk together all dressing ingredients. Cover and chill until ready to use.
Add all salad ingredients to a salad bowl (I like to set aside about 1/4 of the bacon and red onion to sprinkle over the top at the end for more color, that's totally optional).
Pour dressing over top then toss to evenly coat. Serve within and hour of adding dressing for best results.
Recipe source: Cooking Classy