This broccoli apple salad is the perfect salad for fall! Made with raw broccoli, onions, walnuts, golden raisins, cranberries and carrots it’s the perfect mix of savory and sweet. Plus it’s tossed with a lighter creamy tangy dressing that doesn’t compromise on flavor at all!
Broccoli Apple Salad
There are only a few ways you can get me to eat raw broccoli and actually enjoy it. It either needs to be mixed into a salad like so or dunked into a really good dip.
This delicious Broccoli Apple Salad is one of the best ways you can enjoy fresh broccoli! Plus it’s packed with nutritious ingredients! I also made it lighter (as I frequently like to with dressings) by substituting plain Greek yogurt for some of the mayonnaise.
Don’t get me wrong, I love mayo. My go to brand of mayonnaise is Hellman’s (AKA Best Foods in some states). I always have a full-fat version of it and a light version stocked in my fridge. I use it for countless things, from sandwiches, to dressings, to salmon, to chicken salads and so forth.
It’s a pantry (or in this case refrigerator) staple. I love the rich creaminess the full-fat version offers to this salad. By using the ratio of 1/3 cup regular mayo to 3/4 cup Greek yogurt, you can still keep a healthy balance without compromising great flavor.
Hellman’s mayonnaise can be found in bulk at Sam’s Club. My husband and I made a trip to Sam’s Club today and I was so excited to try the Scan and Go App. Why have I not heard of this sooner?? You simply download the app (create an account, register your membership card and upload a payment method if you haven’t already) then as you are doing your shopping you simply scan an item you want to buy using the app and camera on your smart phone.
Add it to your cart and continue to do this with all the items you want to purchase. Then make your payment using the app. And here’s the best part – skip the check out lines! Simply proceed to the exit where a costumer service member will be waiting to scan the barcode on your app (which shows all of your purchases) and off you go! I love it!
Sam’s Club also offers Club Pick Up where you can shop from home (order the items you want online) then someone at Sam’s Club will do all the shopping for you and you just show up to pick up your items hassle free. Genius! It leaves you with more time to do the things you love! Try for yourself and see how convenient it is. And while your there grab the things you need to make these delicious Broccoli Apple Salad!
Tips For Making This Broccoli Apple Salad
- Because the ingredients in this salad are raw it doesn’t wilt so easily. You can make this in the morning and pack it in lunch containers for work, school or picnics. You can even make the dressing the night before to reduce morning prep time.
- If you don’t have walnuts then cashews would be a good substitute
- You could also try adding some blue cheese (great with apple and walnuts)
- Go for sweet apples such as gala apples rather than sharp and sour ones
More Salads You Might Like;
- Broccoli Carrot And Cauliflower Salad
- Apple Cranberry And Almond Coleslaw
- Potato Salad
- Pear Bacon And Brussels Sprouts Salad
Broccoli Apple Salad
This delicious Broccoli Apple Salad is one of the best ways you can enjoy fresh broccoli! Plus it's packed with nutritious ingredients!
- 4 cups small diced broccoli florets
- 2 small gala apples , cored and diced
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup matchstick carrots , roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins or dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup Hellman's or Best Foods Mayonnaise (full fat)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp honey
For the dressing:
In a medium mixing bowl whisk together Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar, honey and season with salt to taste (about 1/4 tsp). Chill until ready to use.
Post sponsored by Mirum Shopper. Opinions are 100% my own.