This broccoli apple salad is the perfect salad for fall! Made with raw broccoli, onions, walnuts, golden raisins, cranberries and carrots it’s the perfect mix of savory and sweet. Plus it’s tossed with a lighter creamy tangy dressing that doesn’t compromise on flavor at all!
Broccoli Apple Salad
There are only a few ways you can get me to eat raw broccoli and actually enjoy it. It either needs to be mixed into a salad like so or dunked into a really good dip.
This delicious Broccoli Apple Salad is one of the best ways you can enjoy fresh broccoli! Plus it’s packed with nutritious ingredients! I also made it lighter (as I frequently like to with dressings) by substituting plain Greek yogurt for some of the mayonnaise.
Don’t get me wrong, I love mayo. My go to brand of mayonnaise is Hellman’s (AKA Best Foods in some states). I always have a full-fat version of it and a light version stocked in my fridge. I use it for countless things, from sandwiches, to dressings, to salmon, to chicken salads and so forth.
It’s a pantry (or in this case refrigerator) staple. I love the rich creaminess the full-fat version offers to this salad. By using the ratio of 1/3 cup regular mayo to 3/4 cup Greek yogurt, you can still keep a healthy balance without compromising great flavor.
Tips For Making This Broccoli Apple Salad
- Because the ingredients in this salad are raw it doesn’t wilt so easily. You can make this in the morning and pack it in lunch containers for work, school or picnics. You can even make the dressing the night before to reduce morning prep time.
- If you don’t have walnuts then cashews would be a good substitute
- You could also try adding some blue cheese (great with apple and walnuts)
- Go for sweet apples such as gala apples rather than sharp and sour ones
More Salads You You’ll Love!
- Broccoli Carrot And Cauliflower Salad
- Apple Cranberry And Almond Coleslaw
- Potato Salad
- Pear Bacon And Brussels Sprouts Salad
Follow Cooking Classy
16 Quick & Easy 30 Minute Recipes! (plus weekly recipe updates)
Broccoli Apple Salad
For the dressing:
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar, honey and season with salt to taste (about 1/4 tsp). Chill until ready to use.