Just picture it, peanut butter and salted caramel together in one irresistibly creamy peanut butter spread! Well guess what? You can stop dreaming about it, thanks to this genius new SKIPPY creation! They have created a SKIPPY Creamy Peanut Butter Spread with Salted Caramel flavor and it is decadently delicious! I love that it still has that signature perfectly smooth texture I love in SKIPPY Creamy Peanut Butter but with a hint of salted caramel flavor added to it. It’s so good you’ll often find yourself just eating it straight from the jar by the spoonful. So imagine what that could do for cupcakes! Plus it is hands down the best smelling peanut butter on the planet, no contest. That’s always important when selecting a peanut butter, right :)?
I knew this peanut butter would do spectacular things for a buttercream frosting with it’s tantalizing flavor and perfect buttery smoothness. If you like peanut butter and salted caramel this is a frosting you need to try! And the way it pairs with a sweet and fluffy banana cupcake is simply dreamy. It makes for cupcakes worthy of any celebration, or simply because you deserve a weekend treat!
I can’t wait to try this peanut butter in a banana smoothie! It only has 3 grams of sugar, 190 calories, 150 g sodium per 2 Tbsp serving (which is the same as SKIPPY Creamy Peanut Butter) so it is still perfect for adding to healthy foods like smoothies and energy bites. It’s great for toast or any of you favorite peanut butter snacks. I can’t wait to see what I can add it to next! I love that I get two of the best flavors in one with this. It’s my kind of peanut butter!
If you’d like even more caramel flavor with these cupcakes, you can drizzle a little caramel sauce over the tops just before serving. Or you can make a small well in the cupcakes and fill it with a little caramel sauce before piping the frosting over the top. You can never have too much caramel right? And when paired with peanut butter, incredible things happen!
Follow Cooking Classy
Banana Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Frosting
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter , softened
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 3/4 cup mashed overripe bananas
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Buttercream Frosting:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , softened
- 1/2 cup SKIPPY® Salted Caramel Creamy Peanut Butter Spread
- 1/8 tsp fine sea salt (optional)
- 2 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 - 4 Tbsp half and half or milk
- Caramel sauce for drizzling , optional
- For the cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together sugar, butter and 1 Tbsp of the vegetable oil until pale and fluffy.
- Mix in remaining 1 Tbsp vegetable oil. Mix in egg then blend in egg white. Stir in mashed bananas.
- Working in three separate batches, beginning and ending with flour mixture, add 1/3 of the flour mixture alternating with half of the buttermilk and mixing just until combine after each addition.
- Pour batter into 12-paper lined muffin cups, filling each about 2/3 full. Bake in preheated oven until toothpick inserted into center of cupcakes comes out clean, 20 - 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely then frost with Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Frosting. Store in an airtight container. Drizzle tops with caramel sauce just before serving.
- For the frosting:
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, whip butter, peanut butter and salt on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes, occasionally scraping down sides and bottom of bowl.
- Blend in powdered sugar and add enough half and half to reach desired consistency, then whip mixture on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes.