Brownies and cookie dough were made to be together right? They are two of the greatest desserts of all time so why not pair them together, because together they create a rich, melt in your mouth, decadently delicious dessert.
These are probably something you shouldn’t eat every day, but every now and then we all need a good splurge. And if we are going to splurge it had better be good right?
Like something with cookie dough good. I’m constantly craving cookie dough and chocolate in any form, so these satisfied that craving perfectly. Two fudgy, soft, perfectly chocolatey brownie cookies sandwich the moist amazing, fluffy and sweet chocolate chip cookie dough frosting to create a tempting cookie that’s destined to please. Enjoy!
Follow Cooking Classy
16 Quick & Easy 30 Minute Recipes! (plus weekly recipe updates)
Brownie Sandwich Cookies with Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Frosting
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips (good quality)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, (scoop and level to measure)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (packed) light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- FOR THE COOKIES: Add 1/2 cup butter and 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips to a medium saucepan and melt over medium heat, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and allow to rest until cool, 10 - 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt for 30 seconds, set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, using an electric hand mixer, whip together 1/2 cup light-brown sugar, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, eggs and vanilla on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold and stir in melted chocolate mixture. Working in 3 seperate batches, add 1/3 of the flour mixture and fold just until combined.
- Chill dough about 45 minutes (until it holds it's shape), preheating oven to 325 degrees during the last 10 minutes of chilling.
- Scoop dough out by the heaping tablespoonfuls, shape into balls with buttered hands and drop onto Silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheets, spacing them 2 inches apart.
- Bake in preheated oven 12 - 13 minutes, then remove from oven and allow to cool on baking sheet 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cool, sandwich with chocolate chip cookie dough frosting. Store in an airtight container.
- FOR THE FROSTING: In a mixing bowl, using an electric hand mixer, whip together butter and light-brown sugar (and molasses if using) until pale and fluffy, about 3 - 4 minutes.
- Mix in flour, then add vanilla and 2 Tbsp half and half and blend until well combined.
- Add in powdered sugar and whip until smooth adding an additional 1 Tbsp of half and half to thin if desired. Fold in chocolate chips.
- *Follow link HERE for method on how to heat treat flour.