Creamy Chicken Lasagna Roll Ups – a perfectly hearty lasagna roll studded with chicken and brimming with a rich and creamy white sauce. A dinner the whole family will enjoy!
Two of the most popular recipes that I’ve posted are my traditional Lasagna Roll Ups and the Caprese Lasgana Roll Ups, both of which are covered with a tomato sauce. This time around I wanted to do things a little different.
I decided to go quite the opposite by using a white sauce and chicken. I wanted something similar to Chicken Alfredo but also different. I keep seeing this recipe on Pinterest and every time it has my mouth watering, so I decided to use it as the base recipe for these and adjust it to be created in roll up form.
I changed a few ingredients as well as omitted some things. I left out the artichokes and sun dried tomatoes (if you wanted to add them to this dish you definitely could, just be sure to chop them into very small pieces so they will roll well).
I replaced the fresh basil with dried basil and also reduced the amount, then I added fresh parsley because I think white sauce and parsley just go together. I also added in some Romano cheese and a small amount of onion powder to add a little more flavor.
This dish was amazing! It was incredibly creamy, hearty and filling. It was subtly flavored but had just enough flavor to keep me interested. The flavors of the cheese all melded deliciously together while perfectly complimenting the chicken. And the herbs just gave it some fresh Italian flavor.
Someone mentioned in the reviews of the recipe from Kraft, that these reheat well so I’m hoping they freeze well, because I love make ahead meals I can warm when I’m short on time. Enjoy!
Follow Cooking Classy
A perfectly hearty lasagna roll studded with chicken and brimming with a rich and creamy white sauce. A dinner the whole family will enjoy!
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 2 cups boneless , skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded*
- 8 oz shredded Mozzarella cheese , divided (2 cups)
- 1 oz finely shredded Parmesan cheese (1/4 cup)
- 1 oz finely shredded Romano cheese (1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 (8 oz) pkgs cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare lasagna noodles according to the directions listed on package, drain pasta and align noodles in a single layer on a large sheet of wax paper.
- In a mixing bowl toss together shredded chicken, 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, Romano cheese and 3 Tbsp fresh parsley, set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl using an electric hand mixer set on low speed, blend cream cheese until smooth, then mix in milk, dried basil, garlic powder, onion powder and season with salt and pepper to taste (I hardly used any salt and 1/2 tsp pepper). Pour half of the cream cheese mixture into the chicken mixture and toss to evenly coat, reserve remaining cream cheese mixture.
Spread 1/3 cup of the chicken mixture into an even layer along the length of each cooked lasagna noodle then roll noodles to opposite end. Spread 1/4 cup of the remaining cream cheese mixture along the bottom of a 9 x 9-inch dish. Align pasta snugly and side by side in baking dish - 3 rows of 3.
- Cover each lasagna roll evenly with remaining cream cheese mixture, being sure to cover tops of pasta entirely so they don't dry while baking. Sprinkle tops evenly with remaining 1 cup Mozzarella cheese. Bake in preheated oven 25 - 30 minutes until heated through and cheese has melted. Sprinkle top evenly with remaining 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley. Serve warm.
- *I like to slow cook the chicken, it seems like the easiest method and always yields tender results. To cook, I poured 1 can low-sodium chicken broth over 2 medium chicken breasts in the slow cooker and cooked 6 hours, then removed and shredded into very small pieces.
Recipe adapted slightly from