Chocolate Mousse Pie is out of this world decadently delicious and it’s sure to wow the crowd this Thanksgiving! And finally for once the saying is true it’s this “as easy as pie.”
A Heavenly Chocolate Pie
The filling is just made up of a few basic ingredients – chocolate chips, marshmallows, butter, milk, cream, vanilla. You know all the good things in life.
You don’t need to chop chocolate, you don’t need to gently heat or whip any eggs as in many mousse recipes, and you don’t eve need to make a pie crust!
I decided if we are going the Oreo crust route what’s the point in homemade right?
So you see, this is definitely the pie you want to try this year right. Along with my Pumpkin Pie and Crumb-Topped Apple Slab Pie of course :). People need options, and three slices of pie on Thanksgiving.
If you’ve got people that love chocolate in your family they will go crazy over this pie. I know because I’m obsessed with chocolate and I was swooning over every single bite!
It’s fluffy. It’s rich. It’s oh so chocolatey. It’s sweet. It’s creamy. To sum it up it’s basically pie perfection.
Ingredients Needed for This Recipe
- Salted butter
- Semi-sweet and bittersweet chocolate chips
- Mini marshmallows
- Heavy cream
- Pre-made Oreo pie crust
- Granulated sugar
- Chocolate (for garnish, optional)
How to Make Chocolate Mousse Pie
- Add butter, milk, semi-sweet chocolate chips, bittersweet chocolate chips and marshmallows to a large saucepan.
- Heat over low heat, stirring constantly until chocolate and marshmallows have melted.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla pour into a large mixing bowl and let cool to room temperature.
- Whip 1 3/4 cups heavy cream until very stiff peaks form. Fold into cool chocolate mixture.
- Pour chocolate mixture into Oreo crust and spread into an even layer. Chill 3 hours.
- For the topping, whip remaining 1 cup cream with 2 Tbsp sugar in a mixing bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Spread over pie, garnish with chocolate then cut into slices.
How to Make Whipped Cream
Are you new to making whipped cream? You can check out my tutorial HERE.
And no one will ever need to know that it was the easiest pie out of all of the options available.
Can’t beat that – irresistibly delicious pie that is oh so easy to make. And it’s pretty too with the tonal variation in all the layers and those dainty little curls.
I mean it even makes a cheap aluminum disposable pie dish look special :).
Try it this Thanksgiving and do let me know how you like it! I hope all of you have such a fun holiday!
More Pie Recipes You Might Like
Follow Cooking Classy
Easy Chocolate Mousse Pie
This pie is purely irresistable! It's so chocolatey, so fluffy, so rich, so creamy. It's absolutely perfect and unbelievably easy to make!
- 2 Tbsp (28g) salted butter, diced into 4 pieces
- 1 cup (6 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips*
- 1/2 cup (3 oz) bittersweet chocolate chips (or another 1/2 cup semi-sweet if you don't want it quite as rich)
- 2 cups (104g) mini marshmallows
- 1/3 cup (80ml) milk (whole or 2%)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups (415ml) heavy whipping cream
- 1 (6 oz) store-bought Oreo pie crust
- 1 cup (235ml) heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp (25g) granulated sugar
- Chocolate shavings, for garnish**
Add butter, milk, semi-sweet chocolate chips, bittersweet chocolate chips and marshmallows to a large saucepan.
Heat over low heat, stirring constantly until chocolate and marshmallows have melted (it will take a while for the marshmallows to melt, keep stirring).
Remove from heat, stir in vanilla pour into a large mixing bowl and let cool, about 45 - 60 minutes (it should be about room temperature).
Whip 1 3/4 cups heavy cream (preferably in a chilled bowl) until very stiff peaks form. Fold into cool chocolate mixture.
Pour chocolate mixture into Oreo crust and spread into an even layer (if you don't want it as tall as mine is you can just reserve some of the mousse chilled in cups for later).
Chill in refrigerator 3 hours.
For the topping, whip remaining 1 cup cream with sugar (preferably in a cold mixing bowl) using an electric hand mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Spread over pie, garnish with chocolate then cut into slices. Store pie in refrigerator.
*I've also made this successfully with 1 cup milk chocolate chips and 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips for more of a milk chocolate flavor vs. the regular dark chocolate flavor it has.
**To make chocolate shavings just run a vegetable peeler down the sides of a bar of chocolate.